Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 17:44

Hearing those words, I could only agree whole heartedly - life would only get worse, if the future wasn't changed, and they currently had no idea how badly. This wasn't my place, however. I had to leave; I had to find this Sasha, find answers. Heading towards the door again, I said goodbye and exited.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:05

Bye, the older two mumbled, and Asher chimed in. I watched her leave almost emotionlessly - she was a link to normal, half-arsed as it was, she wasn't from the future.

So you're telling me my life is going to suck? Great, thanks, maybe I should just commit now, yeah? If my life is gonna suck that bad.. I offered, my tone heavily sarcastic.

Asher watched me, still silently. I had been wrong - Caryn wasn't my link to normality, Asher was. I shot him the tiniest of smiles which he returned.

The older Lou smirked and let out the smallest laugh. I said the future sucked, hun. I didn't say you weren't just crazy enough to love it
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:15

( Laughing cute, rose Take it she never got caught or enslaved Wink )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:25

(She was meant to Wink)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:29

I'm insane, I spoke, my tone resigned. This caused both Asher's to laugh - both Lou and I glared at our respective Ashers until they stopped. However, when they noticed, this only caused more laughter.

What? spoke future Asher, defensively when Lou drew her finger across her throat in a "I will kill you" way. I love past you.

This didn't make me smile, it only made me worry about what I was really going to become.. was I going to lose that much of myself? I wondered. Are you going to stay? I asked finally, my tone impolite and I didn't even care - this had all become too much, now. There were too many of us and I couldn't take anymore without a few hours sleep.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:31

I walked around for a short while, trying to regain my thoughts. Now that I really did have a plan, of sorts, the fear of it failing was beginning to terrify me. I'd been so much easier when it was abstract. It took me half an hour of wandering to force myself to begin working out where Sasha would be currently, remembering that she'd lived in Lower Manhattan. Remembering that she'd once named the cafe she used to waitress at, I headed there.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:34

(Smile)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:36

In this time or this place? asked Asher.

I didn't smile as I looked at him, but Lou shaking her head attracted my attention We're not staying here, no. But this time, yes. I need to try and stop it, was all she said. She reached over to Asher who didn't even have time to say goodbye before she orbed them out.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:40

Arriving, I knew immediately that I was right, as I recognised the back of her head. She was currently serving coffee to a couple. Entering, I took a seat in a booth at the back, and waited for her to approach me. I didn't need to wait long.

You needed my help? she asked in a whisper. No, asked wasn't the word - it was a statement, not a question. Otherwise she'd have just treated me as a regular customer. My watching had obviously tugged at her curiosity, and she'd asked her ability about me.

I need some answers, I whispered back. Originally, I'd meant to only ask after Jake, but now I was here, I was finding that all of my questions were flowing rapidly off my tongue, out of my control. How do I save Jake? How do I find someone else who can go through time - who sent Turner and Matthews? And how do I make my healing strong enough? How do we change the future? How is it still the same? And how do they know about me, about all of us?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:41

(Very Happy)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 20:50

She smiled slightly at the onslaught of questions, shaking her head.

I can't answer yet.... my shift ends in an hour, so I'll meet you then?

I nodded, and then she left to serve another table, putting in a complicated order for me to explain why I'd been speaking so long. I waited.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 21:21

(Smile)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 21:44

(Can't get the answers that fast or easy Wink )

I continued to wait, wondering if it was just my impatience or if time was really going more slowly just to irritate me. Finally, the hour passed. I waited until I'd seen Sasha hang up her apron and leave the premises, then I followed her without being too obvious. She was waiting for me behind the building.

Can you answer me now?

She nodded.

Just gimme a second, she promised. I did so, watching as her eyes moved upwards, sensing the answers I desired.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 26 Feb 2012 - 23:26

When she faced me again, there was a slight smile on her lips, and she seemed amused by something.

The answer to most of those questions is the same, when given shortly, she replied. You need to search for Melanie Walker. She'll give you the strength you need, just like she unknowingly gave you the ability which betrayed you. And as for the other 2..... look for Cole Jackson Not Turner, which my RPer nearly typed. But there's a link with Walker there, again, if you're going to use him. She seems to be the key in almost all of this.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 21:23

(lol! I keep typing Cole whenever I return to Asher as Turner Wink)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 21:31

Melanie Walker? I echoed. Who is she? Where is she?

Looking upwards again for a moment, Sasha streamed out an address in a small town about half an hour's drive from the city.

Thanks... and after? With changing the future?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 27 Feb 2012 - 22:16

Sasha hesitated, then frowned, and shook her head.

I'm sorry, she whispered, sincerely apologetic. I can't answer that - it's too much. It'd take too much from me. But find Walker, to begin with, you'll need her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 15:06

I sighed. I'd really been hoping that it'd be this easy, and that all I'd have to do was ask Sasha and then I'd have a complete guided route.... but obviously, it couldn't be that simple. I whispered a goodbye and a thank you, and she replied that she wished me luck, her tone completely sincere, before I left again.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 16:25

I didn't have much else to do, so I headed out immediately, driving to Melanie's hometown. In that half an hour, all I could do was think. Think of how I'd explain this, think over Sasha's answers, think of how we could possibly change the future. I was still lost in those thoughts when I arrived outside her house, and I didn't realise I was even there, for a moment. Climbing out of the car, I rang her doorbell and awaited an answer.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 21:38

Hello? she asked quizzically, answering. Can I help you?

I hope so... you're Melanie Walker, right?

She nodded.

And you are?

My name's Caryn Whitcombe.... and I need your help.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 21:50

How can I? she answered, smiling softly.

Do you know anything about.... powers?

She frowned, shaking her head.

Don't have a clue what you're on about, sorry.

I frowned.

I was told you would be able to help.... help a lot, really. And my source was very reputable.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 21:56

Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 22:05

She frowned, shaking her head again.

I'm sorry, she repeated.

I hesitated then. I didn't know what to do. Surely she'd have to be one of us.... even if I'd never met her in the old future, and even though she didn't know herself. Could I... could I prove the truth to her? Reaching out, I grasped her hand tightly, pulling away before she even had a chance to exclaim about that.

I'm pretty certain I'll be able to do something new, now.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 22:39

She watched me and my hand cautiously, waiting for something to happen, while I just wished I knew what I'd taken. It'd be so much easier if I knew... and there was a danger in ignorance, too.

What am I meant to be seeing? she frowned. I was by now beginning to regret the rash desperate decision, and considering returning the ability.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 29 Feb 2012 - 22:42

I'm sorry I can't convince you, I whispered. Reaching out again, I moved to return the ability, and for the first time, I noticed a rough burn on the inside of her forearm.

When did you burn that? I asked softly, my compassion rising despite myself, even though I'd only just met her. She frowned.

What burn? she asked, then her eyes widened as she looked down. How didn't I notice that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 6:53