Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Neodraconis
    Neodraconis

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Neodraconis Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 19:43

(It's okay.)

"Great!" Jared smiled warmly as Sasha left the smoothie bar.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Apr 2012 - 20:04

She said goodbye and left, beginning to walk home. It was still light, so when she spotted the beginning of a shortcut she'd used a few times to get to her apartment, she decided to take it, and turned down that side street. She walked onwards for about another ten minutes. Slowly, though, she began to get the prickling suspicion of someone tailing her. She tried to shake it off, walking more quickly, but it remained. It intensified.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 13:42

A few moments later, she spotted the first of them. After that, their number's grew and grew, as did her fear. Was this what Jared had warned her of? So soon? She tried going onwards, but she faltered to a stop when she saw the men blocking her passage, standing in the way at the end of that street. She was trapped. Grimly, she pushed away the panic, the fear, forcing herself to begin to fight. It'd be the only way. Raising her right hand, she felt it shimmering as it morphed into a gun, and a chill began spreading.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 12 Apr 2012 - 22:55

Taking aim, she fired her first shot, followed by another after another after another. Almost clinically, she watched as the bullets brought out blood. She couldn't think about it, she couldn't afford it. The icy coldness was spreading, too - almost reaching the nearest of the agents at her back. But then it stopped.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 23:10

Her eyes widened, as she noticed that, unable not to realise what it meant. They were blocking her - somehow!! But that had to be.... it had to be another ability. Seconds later, it was confirmed as the bullets were destroyed in a rush of what looked like fire but wasn't. A chill ran though her. It didn't last long though, as an incredibly strong rage and a feeling of betrayal overcame it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Apr 2012 - 23:19

With those emotions, she felt something else too, like an expansion of some unnoticeable shield from her skin, flying out everywhere. The fake-fire and the bullet-blocking died, the second that touched them. Hope flared up within her. Grinning out of control, she began running again, expecting to be able to break free as easily as she'd slipped those offences. She only learned her mistake when pain hit the back of her neck harsh and hard, and then blackness.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 21:33

Wayward Daughter wrote:Isn't there anyone you could ask, then, to find out what to target? he suggested. The idea made me burst out into sudden laughter.

Sorry, I apologised. It's a good idea, a great one, I'm just laughing at how I didn't think of it myself. I do know someone.

I knew immediately then who to ask: Sasha. She'd been vague before, but that'd been because my earlier questions had exhausted her out, and besides, I now had a more specific question which could help. What had caused all of this?

Call her now? Jake suggested. I could tell that he was as eager for answers as I was. I pulled out my cell and searched for the number, but when I dialled, I waited for ages without any answer.

She's not there? he questioned. I nodded. She's probably just busy then.... work or something...

I don't think so.... I think she's in trouble....
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 8:21

Mrs P Sylar wrote:Am I ever going to get a straight answer about our relationship? he inquired, seriously

She sighed. No.

Why not? he demanded. He wanted to know, more than anything.

You think I'm here just to give you spoilers on your life? she retorted. There was only one real reason why she wasn't telling him.. she wasn't sure if she could face it. Definitely not whilst retaining this.. definitely not without screwing everything up.

He frowned Please.

You really want to know? she replied, bitterly. Wait 'til you fucking live it.

He sighed, knowing that he would never get an answer. Why are you here? he asked, after a few seconds pause.

I don't know, I time-travelled, remember? she replied, sarcastically. She didn't like that he had ignored her.

Why are you here right now? he retorted, impatiently

She rolled her eyes. I don't see why you're acting like such a child. What does it matter? You don't want to know what happens.

Yes, I do, he replied, forcefully. He wondered what could have happened to her that changed from the nice girl he hadn't met yesterday to this.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 11:59

What makes you think that? he asked, though he could already guess. My voice had held the same certainty as earlier, when I'd predicted the agents' attack. Never mind that - can we help her? Or can someone else?

I hesitated. Slowly, sorrowfully, I shook my head. I didn't want to be giving that answer, but my instincts were screaming it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 16:31

I don't think so, I answered lowly. Jake didn't question it. He seemed to be learning to trust these new instincts as ridiculously quickly as I was.

What do we do next? he asked. We still don't know what caused all of this...

That makes another one of us, then, a voice interrupted.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 16:52

Who are you?! I demanded at once, taking a step backwards. He looked unthreatening - little more than a teenage boy - but still. Looks could be deceiving.

My name's Miles, he answered. And I'm like you.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 17:39

Like us....?

The powers, he nodded. And I came back to try to find a way to change things, like you both ended up doing from what I've heard. I didn't really have a choice. Events were too far gone by the time I even knew it was bad.

What do you mean? I asked, but the expression on his face soon convinced me I didn't need to know. It looked personal. Never mind....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 20:44

I asked my instincts what else we could do, if there was another way of finding out, since Sasha seemed lost. They remained stubbornly, almost ominously silent. A chill ran through me as I considered the idea that this could mean that there was no hope. I pushed it away though. There had to be hope! There always was! I hadn't given up on Jake even after he was dead and buried, and I wasn't giving up now on this either.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 23:09

Trust me when I say you don't, replied Lou. Her face lost the small amount cheerfulness it possessed, seeping back to the bland expression from before.

Why would I trust you? he asked. No matter how playful and teasing his voice sounded, this was a genuine question.

She smirked. If you spend too much time with you, you're just going to end up repeating the conversations we're going to have.

I'll run that risk, he responded.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 24 Apr 2012 - 23:13

Do you know what needs changing? Jake asked Miles. Predictably, though, the boy shook his head.

No, sorry, I've no idea. I was hoping you would... Jake.

I couldn't fail to notice his hesitation there, as if he'd just stopped himself from saying a different name instead, but I couldn't guess what he'd almost spoken.

How do you know my name?

Miles smirked.

Future, he answered simply.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 22:10

What else do you know, then? I questioned. A new idea had just struck me. If he'd come from the future only recently, then maybe he'd arrived from the new, changed future. Maybe it'd mean he'd know more than I remembered, have more of an idea of what we'd face.

He hesitated, though, and I could see that he didn't want to answer.

I know a lot of what'll come, he whispered. Too much, really. And not enough. Not enough to change things, to stop things.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 26 Apr 2012 - 23:24

No such luck, I forced a laugh. I can't tell either....

Even with your instincts? he interrupted. Seeing my confused frown, he went on to explain. That's your final power, but round this time... yeah, maybe you wouldn't know yet... but your gut instincts turn out to be pretty much perfect. They can tell the future, too.

I nodded, understanding now. That'd been how I'd known the agents were coming earlier, how I'd known about Sasha. My instincts were confirming this now, too.

They still aren't guiding me in this, though.... does that mean...?

Miles shook his head at once, looking almost afraid for a second.

No, they are vague - still just instincts. It doesn't mean something's inevitable or unalterable. It can't.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 23:08

Oh, are we openly flirting with each other now? she teased.

He forced a laugh but didn't reply straight away. He watched silently from his seat as Lou waited for him to reply, then gave up and crossed the room. She bent over one of the computer screens and started hitting buttons. When the computer buzzed, he stood up and moved over to stand beside her.

Are you upset you don't know my password? he teased.

She laughed. No, I'm annoyed you haven't changed it yet. When do you get your shit together? Your door code is 473992 and your password is S2313D93SXTR.[/color]

My password is StupidBrunettesWhoThinkTheyKnowMe and my door code is StopFuckingComingOver.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 23:12

(I'd try that password Razz )

We continued to plan for a while, eventually just deciding on laying low for a few days. Those agents were already after Jake, and they might have been after me too, even if they hadn't seen me at the earlier raid. Miles seemed to act as if he had something to hide as well, even though he claimed that he couldn't have, not being from this time.

Who are you, really? I asked quietly, hours later. Jake was fast asleep, and Miles was meant to be taking the watch, but I was finding myself restless.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 22:37; edited 1 time in total
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 23:19

(Very Happy Question)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 23:21

Lou typed in the password and looked at him sarcastically when it didn't work. He lent over her, typing in his password before going back and taking his seat. He was past caring if she saw the files on his computer.

Since I gave you the password, have I earned myself an answer? he quizzed

She smiled, but he didn't see as she facing away from him. Depends on the question.

You and the tattoo guy.. Totally platonic?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 23:52

("Why? Would you be jealous?")
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Apr 2012 - 23:54

Wayward Daughter wrote:(I'd try that password Razz )

We continued to plan for a while, eventually just deciding on laying low for a few days. Those agents were already after Jake, and they might have been after me too, even if they hadn't seen me at the earlier raid. Miles seemed to act as if he had something to hide as well, even though he claimed that he couldn't have, not being from this time.

Who are you, really? I asked quietly, hours later. Jake was fast asleep, and Miles was meant to be taking the watch, but I was finding herself myself restless.

However, he just shook his head.

I can't tell you that, he answered softly. I practically ignored it.

Earlier, when you first named Jake, when you recognised him.... you were going to call him something else, at first, weren't you? And you recognised him, but not me....

I know who you are.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 22:37; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Apr 2012 - 15:11

I smiled sarcastically back at him for that, recognising another evasive answer.

I know, you named me earlier, I replied. But I don't think you really recognised me. Not like you recognised Jake.

Miles just shrugged.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 22:36; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 22:34

Go on, tell me who you really are, I encouraged. After all, you know about us.... and aren't we on the same side in this? Don't you trust me?

I don't know if I can trust anyone, really, he whispered. Not any more....

I just remained silent, watching the conflict as it played across his face.

My name..... my name's Miles Cassidy.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 22:35; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 5:15