Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 23:42

He froze again at those words. He tried to stop it, but they kept echoing round in his mind. They were true. By her own admission, she wasn't human. What did that make her, then? The same as their first hunt together. And what did that make him? A pure fool.

You can't trust her, Agent Lewis whispered caressingly, almost lovingly. I'm sorry, but you can't.

It's true, he muttered. The words felt like something breaking.

She's the enemy.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 23:47

Bethany is the enemy, he echoed dully.

Yes, she is. The enemy. She's the one thing standing in our way.

He nodded.

If only she wasn't in the way... we could really be together. Forever.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 28 Nov 2013 - 17:52

He nodded again, the words echoing in his head. They could be together. Forever. He just needed to get rid of Bethany first. Mechanically, he got out of bed and to his feet, dug some clothes out of the chest of drawers and dressed himself. She just watched, smiling lazily. He whispered that he'd be back afterwards.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 1 Dec 2013 - 14:15

He left the apartment, getting into his car parked outside and driving to Bethany's home. It wasn't far. He remembered the address from when he'd first traced her down after their initial meeting. He rang the doorbell, hammered on the door. No one answered. He began trying to break it down, only to wonder suddenly what sort of protective spells a group of witches could put on their property. He shuddered. Maybe it'd be a better idea to case the building and try to find a more subtle way inside.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 1 Dec 2013 - 14:35

He circled the building twice. Finally, he settled on a low window which was open just the tiniest crack. He could slip a hand in, with some difficulty, and slide it further. He pulled himself inwards. Once inside, he found himself in a part of the house he'd never seen before. It was dark, and he had trouble negotiating a way around. He eventually found a door though. It didn't creak as he pushed it open, and when he walked through he was in the main hallway. He tried to remember where Bethany would most likely be.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 1 Dec 2013 - 21:06

He tested two doors and found the rooms within empty, before finally registering another doorway as familiar. He thought he could hear her inside. For a second, he hesitated, but then he shored up his courage, Agent Lewis' words echoing in his mind. He couldn't trust Bethany. She wasn't human. She was in the way and had to die. His hand slid to the pistol concealed in a holster at his waist, and pulled it free. He pushed the door open, aimed and fired.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 14:50

The bullets hit a faint blue barrier and scattered into the wall. At the same second, she turned around. Her face showed shock, dismay, betrayal. He barely registered that. Moving on autopilot, he raised the gun again, shot again. This time she didn't ward, but dove to the side so that his shots missed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 15:53

He shot a third time, though her movement was a blur. Then his gun was empty. He didn't have another mag, so he threw it aside, and dove at Bethany instead. His weight threw them both to the ground. Grasping at her throat, he began pushing down, crushing. She struggled, and managed to hurl him away. Undeterred, he attacked again without hesitation. She produced a small blast which threw him backwards, away from her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 17:42

He crashed into the wall, landing awkwardly. She winced at that. She hadn't intended to blast out so strongly. He noticed none of her reaction, pulling himself up to his feet and diving to the attack once more. He slammed into her. She twisted around, trying to break his grip, and landed an elbow in his stomach. The shock made him let go. She scrambled to her feet, moving away.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 20:12

He chased after her, caught her at the doorway. Again, their combined weight sent them crashing to the floor. In an instant, his arm pulled back and his fist collided into her jaw. He felt the wet sting of blood on his knuckles. He pulled back, went for another hit. She kicked outwards, catching his side. She took advantage of his distraction to wriggle free once more.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 20:39

He tried chasing after her, but this time she threw up a shield wall, which blocked him, throwing him backwards. He climbed back to his feet. He couldn't attack again, that wall was still in place. He just looked at her with hate filled eyes.

I'm sorry, she whispered, looking directly at him.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 21:27

Sorry for what? he began to ask. Then he noticed the blurred form of a silvery dagger appearing summoned in her first. Instinct made him dive to the floor. She flew through the barrier she'd made, and he felt the sharp sting as the blade struck his shoulder. Then the knife flew through the air.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 23:36

He turned around awkwardly, watching the knife's progress. Bethany knelt beside him now, with that strangely apologetic and hurt expression. He let out a strangled gasp when he saw. He tried to rush to his feet, do something, but he already knew it'd be too late.

He hadn't even known Agent Lewis had followed him there. She was here, however, standing in the hallway. His eyes were glued to the knife, blossoming red in the centre of her chest. Her eyes looked horrified.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 11:20

For a second, he felt a moment of sheer terror. He raced towards her, but he hadn't gotten halfway there when she slumped. He paused then. Bethany had followed him more slowly, and she stopped beside him.

I'm sorry, she whispered again.

For what? he asked, distracted. All of a sudden he felt as if he was awakening from a dazed dream. Everything before seemed hazy. Had he really attacked Bethany? He couldn't even clearly remember why.

I'm sorry I didn't get suspicious earlier, she responded.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 6 Dec 2013 - 11:26

Suspicious of what? he asked. He gestured vaguely behind him at Agent Lewis' body. She was... something, wasn't she? What was she?

A Siren, Bethany explained. I should have guessed immediately, when you said the woman had been driven to kill her daughter. And the way you were acting....

She frowned.

There's one weird thing though, she commented, shaking her head. I always believed sirens sent you after... no. I must have been misinformed.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 9 Dec 2013 - 17:23

Misinformed in what? he asked. His curiosity was raised now. She just smiled and shook her head though.

It doesn't matter, she replied. Do you forgive me? I should have stopped her from getting her clutches into you.

That's my responsibility, not yours, he countered. But... she did say that there's hardly anything I know of you. And that's true.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Dec 2013 - 22:03

She hesitated, struck by the remark. It was true... he did know nothing of her. There was so much she hardly ever shared. Four centuries tended to cause that.

That is true, she commented softly. What do you want to know?

Who you really are, to start with. I said before that I checked your name. And where you're from....

She smiled.

Bethany Brookes is my true name. That child, whom you said died... she was me. I was born in Gloucester, Massachusetts, in 1595.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Wed 11 Dec 2013 - 23:39; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Dec 2013 - 22:38

1595?! he echoed, stunned. She chortled.

Yes, 1595. I'm over four centuries old. I know, I don't look it.

What happened? he asked. She knew what he meant - the registered death.

My mother, like me, was a witch, though a second - two additional powers instead of five. My father, however, was human. She didn't tell him of her pregnancy at first, since she sensed my power and believed me to be witch business. But then he saw her.... he knew about me. He registered my birth in the local church, as normal, but that isn't witch custom. My maternal family magically corrected it.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 12:48; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Dec 2013 - 22:53

They could sense my power even before birth, and I'd displayed five powers before my second birthday, she continued. Then it was a matter of time. I trained for years, then completed my first hunt when I was twenty years old.

Brenner stayed silent, just listening.

I've been hunting ever since. Almost always on my own. Travelling around, staying in populated areas for a few decades since the high number of people always draws the predators.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Dec 2013 - 23:26

All that time? Brenner queried.

It's all I know, she replied, smiling twistedly briefly.

Didn't you ever want to stop?

Oh, occasionally. It never really lasted though. I felt that I needed to be hunting. If I didn't.... well, people died. Either victims I didn't save, or people who were less powerful who tried to fight instead of me. I couldn't stand by. And I feel lost without it, too. It is me, in a way.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 12:49; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 11 Dec 2013 - 23:43

He nodded at that. In a way, he did understand it. It was the reason he wouldn't give up his job as an agent, despite its risks. It was the reason he'd insisted upon joining her.

Why don't the others who live with you fight with you? he asked. They're witches too, right?

Yes, but they're not fifths. It's the same reason why my family didn't fight with me either, back when they were alive.

They left you to fight alone?!

No, not exactly. They taught me. They trained me, they prepared me. Even my human father - he taught me to fight, hand to hand and with weapons, since he said that was all that he could do. It's similar now - the others don't actually fight, but they help. They research with me, prepare spells and potions. Half my recovery is due to the healing potions Angelina can brew. She's particularly skilled at that.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 14 Dec 2013 - 23:20

Anya headed to the warehouse to another meeting with Blaine and Min, folded paper beneath her arm. She'd seen two cases within a family which seemed really freaky to her. She'd circled them both and intended to ask the others what they thought of it. When she arrived, however, Blaine was already mid-explaining to Min about another vampire nest he'd learned of.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 14 Dec 2013 - 23:50

Another vampire nest?! she groaned, disappointed. Why do they keep popping up?

They're just drawn to wherever the blood-bags are, he answered, smiling ironically for a second. Neither noticed Min's brief pained look.

Guess my case will have to wait, then, she sighed.

Not necessarily. There are 3 of us: we should be able to work two cases. Especially with your power.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 Dec 2013 - 14:42

You think so? she asked nervously. He nodded.

Well, I guess.... this is the case. One guy dies in a room filled with broken mirrors, then his daughter apparently commits suicide after reporting that she was "being stalked by black cats", she made quotation marks to show that she was quoting the article literally. Think it's suspicious?

Definitely.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 15 Dec 2013 - 18:19

Anya smiled briefly again at Min's reaction. At least she hadn't jumped to a ridiculous wrong conclusion. She wondered if her nervousness was as blatantly obvious as she feared.

First step is interviewing the family, right? The surviving relatives? she checked. Blaine nodded.

And checking out the scenes, if you can, he added.

Sure. I better get going then. Good luck with the whole vampire nest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024 - 7:44