Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 23:14

He argued against that, the second she admitted it. He asked her to wait for him, just to research in the meanwhile. She flat out refused. He knew that somehow she'd picked up on the fact that they healed upon awakening, just as he'd realised himself in the past, so she wasn't even frightened. She couldn't bring herself to believe that there were any risks in this.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 13:04

He couldn't believe the same. He knew that there was something, out there somewhere - he just didn't know what. He'd spent weeks arguing with her over this, but it was like talking to a brick wall. No effect whatsoever. The mere fact that he was frightened for her didn't seem to be enough of an explanation.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 17:36

Why, though? she'd ask. Why was he worried for her? What was he frightened for?

At that question, he'd always find himself hesitating, fumbling. He couldn't say it. He didn't want to tell her. Stupid, foolish ideas; feelings he'd tried to bury away and forget about. They barely knew each other. This was complicated enough without anything extra.

I.... I can't tell you.... he answered.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Thu 29 Jan 2015 - 12:42; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 21:11

She sighed, shaking her head, visibly frustrated. She didn't know what he was asking from her. It was as if he didn't even know himself! She got to her feet, walked off brushing past him. She didn't bother saying goodbye. He'd begun to annoy her too much with this pestering of his. Didn't he see how much more important their work was? He was the one who'd told her in the first place! What did he want?!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 20:01

She began walking off, her anger visible to him in the stiff stance of her shoulders. In her head, she was questioning again what he was after. Sometimes she just couldn't understand him.

Lilly! he called out. His voice sounded strangled. Wait!

Despite herself, she stopped, and turned around. She glanced at him.

I know why I'm asking you to at least try to live this life too....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 21:01

She opened her mouth to ask him what the reason was, why, as she watched him striding over to her, standing in the doorway. The next second, his lips were pressed onto hers. Dizzy, confused, she clung to him. His arms wrapped around her slim figure in response, tightening, pressing her to him.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 18:09

Very Happy cute, rose Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 20:08

She froze, stunned. Her mind seemed to be taking an age to process what had just happened. He noticed this, and let go, stepping away.

You... you like me? she whispered. He smiled faintly.

Girl of my dreams.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 18:16

Mrs P Sylar wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Kate agreed, though she wondered when was the last time they'd put on any suits to break into a crime scene. Interviewing any witnesses would actually call for more formal clothes, if they were posing as some sort of officials like they usually did. She just dug around in the glove compartment for some IDs though, then followed her sister. They arrived at the nearest neighbour's doorstep and rang the bell.
    (Who's picking the monster/creature?)

Amy smiled when a young boy answered the door. Are either of your parents home? she asked, in the patronising tone almost all adults developed when speaking with children.

He nodded cautiously and shouted, DADDY! before retreating into the house. His father arrived at the door a few seconds later, picking up his son and looking at the two women on his doorstep.

How can I help you, ladies?
    Wayward Daughter wrote:(I'll PM you an idea)

My name is Agent Monroe, this is my partner Agent Carson, she showed the fake badge, expecting him to ask if she hadn't. We're investigating the recent deaths of your neighbours. Can we ask you a few questions?
    Mrs P Sylar wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:(I'll PM you an idea)

My name is Agent Monroe, this is my partner Agent Carson, she showed the fake badge, expecting him to ask if she hadn't. We're investigating the recent deaths of your neighbours. Can we ask you a few questions?
    Uh, yeah, sure, come in, he said, slightly taken aback. He stood aside holding the door open for the two of them and then closing it behind them. He set his son down and told him to go outside and play. Just through here.

The man lead the two "agents" into his front room and offered both a drink, which Agent Carson denied immediately. He settled into a chair and looked at the two slightly expectantly, unsure what to say.
    Wayward Daughter wrote:(What did you think of my SLs? Smile)

Kate waited til she was sure the boy had really gone outside, not wanting him hearing, before she continued.

Did you see anything, that day? she asked lowly. Someone outside, or any strange discrepancy? Were your neighbours acting strangely? Did they mention anything?
    Mrs P Sylar wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Kate waited til she was sure the boy had really gone outside, not wanting him hearing, before she continued.

Did you see anything, that day? she asked lowly. Someone outside, or any strange discrepancy? Were your neighbours acting strangely? Did they mention anything?
    The man fidgeted slightly as he thought of a response. I didn't see anything, and.. it's hard I hardly knew them, we're not big "have the neighbours around for a barbecue" people. They were - normal enough people, Kelsey, the first v-victim, she was always having friends over, but she was very considerate with the noise, lovely girl. Jake, th-the other kid, he lived a few blocks from here he was... not like that. He was always nice enough, but seemed lonely, had that girlfriend of his for a while but haven't seen her in a few weeks now. They were - you know, my neighbours, I didn't know them well. I didn't notice any strange building up to it.
    Wayward Daughter wrote:(How helpful Wink)

Nothing at all? Cate frowned. He shook his head.

No... I'm sorry.... I can't help....

I saw something! the little boy piped in, from where he'd been hiding near the window, listening in though he'd been told not to.
    Wayward Daughter wrote:What did you see? she asked, turning to face the boy and bending down to his level.

He hesitated. She then noticed he was trembling. Was he just frightened by a seeming figure of authority, she wondered? Or by what he'd seen?

It was a monster, he whispered timidly. At once, his father interrupted him. He apologised, saying that his son obviously had too vivid an imagination, and had been frightened by the neighbours' deaths.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:21

Wayward Daughter wrote:She froze, stunned. Her mind seemed to be taking an age to process what had just happened. He noticed this, and let go, stepping away.

You... you like me? she whispered. He smiled faintly.

Girl of my dreams.
    She smiled faintly at his words, recognising the self-quoting. A part of her mind still seemed as stunned as ever. She'd never have even dreamed of this. And yet, she couldn't deny the fact that she liked it.

Girl of your dreams both ways, huh? she whispered, moving back towards him. She raised up on her tiptoes to kiss him once more.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 31 Oct 2013 - 20:19

That morning, when he heard his newest case's details, Brenner instantly knew it could be the sort of thing Bethany would be interested in. He tried calling her, telling her, but she didn't answer. He was in the middle of leaving a message when one of his superiors approached him. He hastily hung up.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 21:53

Alright, Brenner? the man questioned. He nodded. Then he noticed a female agent trailing behind him. Agent Farrow saw him looking, and gestured her forwards.

Oh yeah, Brenner, meet Agent Lewis. She's going to be your new partner on this case.

For a second, he opened his mouth to argue against that. He knew that he shouldn't, really, but he couldn't resist. He'd never worked with a partner before! And he had Bethany, in a way.... when he was about to speak, those arguments just melted into thin air though. He found himself agreeing.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 22:54

He met up with Bethany that evening. He quickly summarised the details of the case. However, for some reason, he found himself omitting Agent Lewis. He wasn't sure why.

This woman confesses to murdering her own daughter? she frowned.

Yeah... it just felt wrong, you know? Like your kind of case.

She shook her head. Not denying, exactly. Reacting to the mere idea.

Wouldn't it feel wrong in any circumstances?

It's more than that. I can't pin it though. We haven't interviewed her yet, so maybe I can tell you more tomorrow.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 23:18

The next morning, he went in to interrogate the woman, while Agent Lewis listened in hidden in the adjacent room. The second he began questioning, her replies began sending chills down his spine. They were so empty.

Can you explain why you did it? he asked. She shook her head brusquely. Halfway through the motion she stopped, bursting into tears again.

No. Not really... I mean, there's no explanation, is there? She just.... she told me to.... she said that it was the only way...

Allie told you to kill her?! he frowned. Allie was the victim's name.

She shook her head though.

No, not Allie.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 23:28

Who? he pressed. The woman shook her head, tears falling again.

A little girl... she was at her school. She didn't say her name, just... she just said I should..... that....that I had to....

He asked for more information on this mysterious child, but she continually refused. She seemed more protective of that secret that anything else.

Last edited by Wayward Daughter on Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:46; edited 1 time in total
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 13 Nov 2013 - 23:25

It wasn't long before he gave up and left the room, frustrated. The whole thing was just chilling him. His own son was only a year younger than Allie, the victim here... and the very idea...

He walked through the door, closing it locked behind him, and headed into the next room. Agent Lewis had been watching and listening through the one way glass. She smiled slightly as she looked at him.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 15 Nov 2013 - 21:36

He walked over and she stood up from where she'd previously been sitting. Silently, she wrapped him up in an embrace. His arms tightened around her slim form. He found himself moving to kiss her before he had more than half an idea of what he was doing.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 15 Nov 2013 - 23:52

She began kissing him back immediately, parting her lips and pressing herself against him. She felt a perfect fit in his arms. Crazily so. He let go only reluctantly, remembering that they were still at work, and for a second he saw a fleeting smile on her face again. Raising up on her tiptoes, she kissed him again, briefly, before walking away.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 22 Nov 2013 - 17:13

He headed back to his apartment after work, forgetting entirely about any plans to meet up with Bethany and update her. He only remembered when she turned up at the door. Dazedly, he summarised the little he'd gained from what the culprit had told him that morning. He wasn't paying enough attention to read whether she made anything of it or not, too lost in his thoughts.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 21:41

She left quite quickly. Still, to him, that time had felt an age. Agent Lewis arrived a few minutes later, and although he couldn't remember inviting her - or even giving the address to her - he somehow couldn't care. He wanted her there.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 24 Nov 2013 - 22:56

He ushered her in, offering a drink which she gratefully accepted. She had a small, secretive smile as she mocked raising a toast. He watched as she took a sip. The glass seemed to stay at her lips for a seductively long time. Again, he seemed to move without thinking. He'd pulled the glass away, set it down, and then he was kissing her madly.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 22:27

Her arms were wrapped tightly around him, pressing her body against his. He could feel her hands almost burning his skin through his shirt. The taste of her reeled his senses, filled his thoughts. He broke off for a second, moved away the smallest space just to throw the shirt off his back, peeling hers off likewise.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 23:03

The next touch captured him entirely. He was addicted, enthralled, she was everything. Her hands were everywhere, burning, blazing him with desire. Her kiss felt like it'd kill him. And yet it wasn't enough, never enough. He pulled her closer and closer, kissing her again and again, hands roaming over her bare skin.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 23:30

Who was that woman here, before? she asked, afterwards. The question came out of the blue. It threw him. He tripped and stumbled over his words in his fearful hurry to explain Bethany, that she was just a friend - no, a colleague, an ally. No more.

I wasn't jealous, she commented, laughing. But... can you trust her?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 25 Nov 2013 - 23:34

She's..... I can.... he began arguing. It was weak though.

I know. She told you that she's one of the good guys. But that was her saying it, wasn't it?

She shook her head.

Can you really believe her?

I... I don't know...

She isn't even human, Agent Lewis pointed out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 13:51