Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+7
ItsAGibbo
Guy Fawkes
blazingphoenix
A Returning Charlotte
Rokstarr
Bil
Superheroesfanatic-IR
11 posters

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale))

Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) Empty Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale))

Post by Mr_Isaac Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 20:44

(If you read this story, please leave a comment at the bottom or PM me, as I do need feedback when writing and it's important to know people are reading, as it takes a long time to write. Thank you.)

Last edited by Mr_Isaac on Wed 26 Jun 2013 - 15:16; edited 37 times in total (Reason for editing : title)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) Empty Re: Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale))

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 20:48

Welcome here. Mine is still delayed by a mega block
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) Empty Re: Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale))

Post by Mr_Isaac Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 21:48

I have total block at the moment. Can't seem to get going at all. Sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 21:51

Sad

At least it isn't just me then.
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 21:59

Not at all. I have loads of great ideas but just can't get them onto the page! GRRR!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 22:01

I'm the same, just can't seem to work out how to phrase them, which is irritating angry Mad
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:14

i havnt read loads in ages Sad im a failure
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:15

There hasn't been much to read. And you're not a failure!!
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:16

hasnt there... i better start catching up...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:17

Not of ours. Josh's started about a million....
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:19

i know i have seen Rolling Eyes
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:20

Rolling Eyes

He can't seem to stick to an idea

Anyway, maybe we should stop spamming Danny's thread
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:23

oh yh. Wink
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:23

Spam mine instead Wink
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sun 30 Aug 2009 - 23:26

ok
    Bil
    Bil

Post by Bil Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 6:19

Lowri + Mr Isaac: sorry to here u both got writers blocks but mine is gradually clearing so Chapter 8 shud b out in a wk maybe two, depends on how things go wit physiotherapy, Connor and a couple other things as i bin quite busy over the last few weeks wit my recovery etc... I have been reading both of ur stories but jus not commented in ages.

I hope ur blocks disappear soon as i am eagerly waiting for the next installments. XX
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) Empty Preview

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 17:00

Here is the Preview from the end of Arc One once more:

Arc Two: Consequences
    Each pair of eyes in the large, high tech room was fixed on the hooded figure that stood on the table in the centre. In her hand, she held up a small vial, which she held high above her head so they could all see. Inside was an innocent-looking blue liquid, the unnatural, fluorescent light gleaming off it luminously.

Only two other of the room’s occupants had laid eyes upon it before: a tall man with the sadistic grin and malicious demeanour, and a stern looking woman who held an cold, impassive expression on her young face.

‘This, my friends,’ the hooded woman began, smiling at them all. ‘This is what they invented in order to kill us. Exterminate us, like vermin. Poison us all.’

There were grunts of anger and hushed whispers from around the room, but one piercing look from the woman who went by the name “Greenfinch” silenced them all. She went on: ‘And they will use it, if given the chance. They will use it gladly. Because, my friends, in their eyes, we are nothing more than a plague...a virus which needs wiping out.’

This time, her words were met only with fierce nods of agreement and understanding from the figures around her.

‘But, I say to you that they are the plague. They are the virus. They are the vermin which need exterminating. With your help, we can use this poison against them. Destroy them with the very weapon they created to destroy us. Because, my friends and fellow evolved humans, this is our planet!’

There was a loud roar from around the room, echoing dissonantly off the metal walls and appliances.

‘And I think it’s time we took it back!’

TO BE CONTINUED...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 17:08

Surprised

Wow........I'd forgotten how great it is
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 17:43

..cheers. Smile
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 17:50

You're welcome

And I like Greenfinch already Very Happy
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 17:55

I'm still keeping her identity secret for a while I'm afraid. Shocked
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 17:57

Of course Wink
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) Empty Prologue

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:02

Prologue: Neo Evolution

March 2031

The man slowly dragged his broken body along the iron girders which made up the underside of the Brooklyn Bridge. He could feel the cold deadness of the water beneath him and imagined letting himself fall and plunging into its murky depths. Would anyone miss him besides those chasing him? They had already taken away everything and everyone who would care if he did fall.

Karl was about as close as he could get to giving in without actually letting go of life. Even though he could find no reason to go on, he still clung to the cold metal with every effort he could muster. Karl had no idea why, but his endless persistence somehow won against the utter hopelessness of his situation. He was as good as dead anyway. They would find him shortly and then he wouldn’t stand a chance. Why not get it over with now and deny them the satisfaction? For some strange reason he felt like that would be cheating. Who or what he was cheating he didn’t know, but it was cheating all the same.

Rolling onto his back, Karl listened to the present noise of the traffic above. Even at this early hour, many vehicles were crossing the bridge. People idly living out their lives, for the most part unaware or uncaring of the injustice which plagues the modern world. Just like he had been, before everything...

The heavy clang of footsteps on metal pulled Karl away from his thoughts. It seemed they had finally figured out where he was hiding. He didn’t know it, but it was nearly two hours now since he had climbed over the side of the bridge to evade his pursuers. Perhaps they had spent this time waiting for backup, he wondered. Why they should require so many soldiers to take him down was beyond him.

Karl had never broken a single law in his life. His taxes were always in well before the deadline, his car had been road-worthy and his insurance up-to-date. At least, before they had blown it up, but he doubted he could claim on that. Could it possibly a case of mistaken identity? He just couldn’t figure out why they considered him so dangerous. He was no less ordinary to the next man on the street; simply a humble New Yorker struggling to provide for his family in these dark times.

But Karl wasn’t ordinary, not by a long shot. As he, along with the two hundred people passing over the Brooklyn Bridge at that moment were about to find out.

Several moments passed. Karl remained on his back, desperately trying to ignore the agony coming from his every part of his body, where bullets had either clipped or ripped through him. Gradually he managed to drift away from his body, turning to happy memories of his girlfriend and two daughters for comfort. It was whilst reliving a beautiful trip to Long Island they had made four years previously that Karl Sumter manifested.

Somewhere far away he felt his heart rate increase rapidly, the distant pain from his wounds disappearing as a much stronger sensation took over his body. A distinct feeling of power.

Karl was a human, nothing more, nothing less. But evolution had chosen him, out of 6 billion, to carry a new genetic code. The code which would take the human race to the next level...or lead them to extinction. It was not just Karl who had been selected for nature’s experiment. There were countless others who carried a similar code in their DNA, granting them extraordinary abilities. Enhancing speed and strength; allowing for the control of energy: fire, light or sound; of substance: water, air and earth. These abilities are not necessarily dangerous, or anything to be afraid of yet, inevitably, those without them are struck with envy. This envy bitterly mutates into hatred and fear, which in turn leads to violence death and injustice.

But Karl Sumter was dangerous, very dangerous indeed. Although he didn’t know it, the United States government certainly did. When a computer analysing DNA samples from millions of Americans picked up the “abnormality” in Karl’s genetic code, the whole system hit red alert. The First Minister was notified almost immediately and highly-skilled team of experienced ex-AUTHORITY soldiers were dispatched, with only the orders to take out Karl Sumter at all costs.

In this particular case, that cost was the lives of over two hundred US citizens.

Anyone seeing the catastrophe from an aerial point of view would never have believed their eyes. Watching one of the largest structures on the face of the Earth warp, twist, snap and then crash into the East River in the space of a few seconds is not a sight you are likely to forget. Since several cameras managed to capture the event in all of its glory, and due to its near-constant international broadcast over the next few days, not many people did.
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:03

Just the Prologue there. Hope you enjoy it!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:08

Wow!! That was amazing!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 10 May 2024 - 19:52