Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 21 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 6 Jun 2012 - 14:44

Sad Sad Sad
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 6 Jun 2012 - 14:53

Look, I know what happened between you two. Forgive me, but I really don't want.. he replied, his tone angry but he was no shouting anymore.

I married you, Asher. I love you, she replied, her voice ridiculously calm as she emphasised her words I chose you.

Asher knew his response to that, he had words ready to shout back but he didn't say it - he didn't say anything, actually.. He looked at his wife and gently smiled. She somewhat returned the smile I'm sorry.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 6 Jun 2012 - 15:03

( Sad )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 6 Jun 2012 - 16:28

After she left their hideout, Caryn wandered around for a while before she realised that she didn't have a clue where to go. She didn't have an idea. Where could she turn to? She didn't know what had happened, she didn't know where to start. She didn't even know if it was only Jake affected, or if their past selves had also been touched by whatever had happened, and she didn't know where those were, to check.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 6 Jun 2012 - 19:34

Sighing, she eventually drew to a stop, and sat down on a row of steps, wrapping her arms around her knees. She needed to think. Strangely, those new instincts of hers had decided to be silent for a while, almost ominously silent, so much so that she'd feared that she too had been affected before telling herself to snap out of it. It couldn't be that way. Maybe there was another explanation.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 7 Jun 2012 - 23:48

Again, she tried to question them about it, and tried to think up an answer herself, but there was nothing. Always nothing. The silence was beginning to get creepy.

What's going on? she asked herself, wondering around.

Ok, you've got me...

Startled, she jumped to her feet. She turned to face the speaker, a man roughly the same age as her who'd just appeared from nowhere.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 11:30

Who are you? she asked, her tone a little sharp because she was so on edge. He raised his hands placatingly.

I'm someone who can help, maybe.... my name's Mitch. Mitch Rowan. I'm like you.... I sensed that you were searching for me. Indirectly, anyway.

What do you mean? she frowned.

I only sensed that you were looking for me, or for something about me....

My instincts, she answered, nodding.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 12:17

Hang on.... does that mean it was you?! she accused suddenly, the realisation just striking her. You're the one who did this to Jake?!!!

Mitch shook his head.

No.... I don't even know what's happened, or who Jake is. You need me to help find out.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 21:24

(Very Happy)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 11 Jun 2012 - 21:34

(Btw, I've asked a question in the Powers section about figuring out his final ability)

Well? she asked sceptically.

Well what?

Figure it out for me! she pointed out the obvious. Wait, I've already gotten it....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 20 Jun 2012 - 22:23

You have? he asked. She just grinned in response, reaching out quickly to grasp his arm. In a flash of a second, she had the rush of energy and the spark of light which meant she'd borrowed the neccessary ability.

Thanks for this, she commented. Once she began thinking of the younger Jake and her younger self, she found herself vanishing away.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 20 Jun 2012 - 23:11

She wasn't exactly surprised when she arrived in a dim shelter where her past self and Jake were both hiding. The younger Caryn was fast asleep, out cold, but Jake was awake. He leapt to his feet, startled and afraid, when he saw her. Hastily, she raised her hands placatingly, moving away.

I don't mean you any harm, Jake, she began, trying to keep her voice calm and reassuring. Not this time.... I couldn't ever bring myself to do that again.

Really? he asked roughly.

I think you know. Killing you felt like ripping out my own heart.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 20 Jun 2012 - 23:50

But you still did it, he pointed out. What.... if you're not here to attack me again, what do you want?

Caryn hesitated.

Can we go somewhere else to talk? I don't want to risk waking past me.... this is surreal enough without that.

He laughed briefly, and led her outside through the back door from their room. Then he asked the question again.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 21 Jun 2012 - 20:16

Something happened to Jake... my Jake, future you, she began. She explained how he'd tried to beam them out but failed, how he'd found that all of his abilities were missing.

It's the same for me... they were stolen.

Stolen?! she gasped. He explained how they'd been searching for people to help them change events, but had been attacked by the woman instead.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 11:09

Question Sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 11:38

Do you know how she did it? Caryn asked, shaken.

She just listed them all, and then she'd gotten them, in some way. I don't know if there's any way I could get them back.... I don't really know what to do, now...
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 23:23

Sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 22 Jun 2012 - 23:34

You didn't think about leaving? Caryn asked hesitantly. I mean, you'd be safe, that way....

Jake broke into laughter at that.

Seems you really are her. She - the other Caryn, my time's Caryn - she asked the same thing. Practically offered the suggestion. But I couldn't....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 22:10

Why not? she asked softly. She wasn't really sure why she had asked, since in a way she did know the answer - she knew Jake. It hadn't simply been lack of other options which had made him fight so strongly for five years.

I couldn't let Caryn - or anyone else - fight this alone, he responded. She smiled faintly.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 24 Jun 2012 - 23:14

Exactly the same, then, she commented. That's good... reassuring. Means the future doesn't break you as much as you seem to think it did.

I'm beginning to think I really don't want to see this future of yours, he muttered.

Beginning? You should be certain by now.

He shuddered.

The way you act... what's so terrible, in this future? Caryn - my Caryn - she remembers it, but she won't say. What'd be so unbearable that you'd be so desperate to change it? That'd make you willing to "cut out your own heart", as you called it?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 28 Jun 2012 - 22:56

She shook her head, wincing. Her expression was pained as the old memories flickered across her mind.

She's right not to say.... you don't want to know. You don't want to see it.

What if knowing could help us stop it? he countered.

I don't think it would, though. Jake and I know, but we.... we're as helpless as you are, it seems. No one knows what to do. What to change.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 29 Jun 2012 - 22:08

But if we knew, maybe we'd be able to see something which you can't, he continued. She shook her head, refusing again, though.

I can't.... I can't describe it, I can't even think of it, she almost pleaded. Don't ask me to.... you were the only good thing to ever come from that timeline. Don't ask me to go back to it.

You really do love your Jake, he commented softly. Her laugh was broken.

He saved my life, she replied in answer. A thousand times.... more than that. He saved me... he saved my sanity. I'd have broken just like they wanted me to, if he hadn't been there.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 11:55

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 30 Jun 2012 - 14:28

(This entire scene is pretty much written to fit in some of those lines Smile )

Jake was quiet then as he listened to her, his face looking slightly overwhelmed. She smiled slightly as she noticed that.

Have you been able to find any way of changing things? she asked quietly. Or anyone else?

He shook his head.

Not really... everyone seems stuck in the dark, like us. And losing my powers didn't exactly help...

I'll find a way to fix that, she promised. You focus on changing the future.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:56

I do that all the time Smile Smile Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 6 May 2024 - 11:47