Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 14:58

Lou orbed away, claiming she needed to see Troy, but in truth, both of them knew she was going to think. She appeared somewhere she had never been before, the observation deck of the Empire State Building. Asher waited until she left and called himself a cab, getting dropped off half an hour later at Owain's place. He still hadn't thought through all he had to say as he knocked on the door and was tentatively invited in.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 15:04

He agreed to do that, though he did mention that he didn't really have a clue how. Laughing, she replied that she felt certain he'd find a way. Then within a minute she'd vanished off again.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 15:11

Smile
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 15:14

Asher, right? checked Owain, feeling kind of uncomfortable.

He smiled at the fact that Owain didn't recognise him. Yeah.

How can I help ya, Asher? he asked, when Asher didn't say anything else.

I just want you to know.. something.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 1 Jul 2012 - 15:15

( Smile )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 5 Jul 2012 - 23:12

Jake headed back inside after she'd vanished, shaking his head at how strange that experience had been. It hadn't been the time travel that'd shaken him, either. Or meeting his prior killer. It'd been the things she'd said... the intensity of them. If she really felt like killing him had nearly killed her, and that her survival and sanity depended upon him - if Caryn would really end up that in love with him - it frightened him.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 13:17

recap, since i havent rped here.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 13:51

(Caryn Whitcombe travelled from the disasterous future to stop it by killing her lover, Jake Cassidy, in the past. However, killing him didn't prove to be enough, as stuff started going the old future's way again. Her present time self, having gotten her future self's memories when she changed time, decided to save Jake. She succeeded. Now they're hiding together from the government who are persecuting people with abilities, trying to find a new way to change things, and they've been joined by Miles, Jake's nephew from the future. Jake also got his abilities stolen by someone they were trying to recruit.

Pippy's characters, Lou Matthews and Asher Turner, were fighting in the future when Asher got fatally injured. She tried to orb him to a healer, and instead found them both travelling through time to the present. She got him healed by Owain. Then they both decided to stay here and try to change the future too.)
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 14:46

(taa)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 6 Jul 2012 - 15:16

Wayward Daughter wrote:Jake headed back inside after she'd vanished, shaking his head at how strange that experience had been. It hadn't been the time travel that'd shaken him, either. Or meeting his prior killer. It'd been the things she'd said... the intensity of them. If she really felt like killing him had nearly killed her, and that her survival and sanity depended upon him - if Caryn would really end up that in love with him - it frightened him.

With some difficulty, he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. He still couldn't afford to have them distract him. Even if Caryn - or the other Caryn - had claimed she'd focus on finding a way to heal his powers, he still needed to search for a way to alter the future. He needed to find what they'd need to change.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 15:44

What is it? prompted Owain, but Asher remained silent. He intuitively guessed aloud. Lou? Or maybe global warming?

Asher smiled ruefully. He could never profess to have loved Owain as much as Lou, but he always had considered Owain a friend. Seeing him, he could remember the pain he had gone through at his death - the pain that had had to be forgotten in order to look after Lou.

Yeah, he mumbled after a while. You should be careful around her.

Owain scoffed, disregarding Asher's words. It didn't matter to him what had happened between them in the future, what he was saying made him think of only one thing - apparent jealousy. Careful around her? I don't know you - yet - but I never would have put you down as the jealous type.

I forgot how annoying you were, he commented, bemused. Even with the ridiculous accusation that was irritatingly true, Asher was still feeling nostalgic. His friend had always been like this. He realised now quite how much he missed Owain, despite everything, he had
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 16:25

( cute, rose )

He focused on that issue for a while, but it only made him realise how completely lost he was in it. He didn't have a clue. Didn't even know where to begin to look. They could probably spend lifetimes just travelling back and altering small details in the hope they'd land on the right one..... and that was without the risk of accidentally worsening the situation.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 17:18

I try, muttered Owain, deeply. He didn't try to prompt Asher this time, allowing him his time.

It was only a few seconds before he began talking. Look, I just wanted to tell you to be careful around Lou. Genuinely. Because no matter what you say, you aren't ready for her - not for what she's become.

That sparked his interest What do you mean, what she's become?

You know how the future changed her - how you changed her.

How did I change her?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 7 Jul 2012 - 17:24

(*wonders if Asher will break the cardinal rule of time travel*)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 13:37

(Of course!)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 13:40

She didn't tell you? gaped Asher, assuming Lou wouldn't have been able to keep her mouth shut.

Not knowing annoyed Owain.
    Tell me what?!

You die. He spoke the words with minimal emotion, surprising since he did care - he had been one of the few people genuinely moved by his death.

I - die? uttered Owain, the words coming slowly as he failed to process this. No way, she'd have told me.

Asher didn't reply immediately - he felt guilty. He shouldn't have told Owain, it wasn't the right thing to do.. the guy shouldn't have to go through this already, he thought. But it was the easiest way to reach his aim. Hell, with a warning, he stood a chance. He might just live.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 14:28

(*shakes head*)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 13:14

(Disappointed with Asher?)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 9 Jul 2012 - 13:51

(You should never do that, it never works Wink )
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 14:52

(Well, I wouldn't say that Wink)
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 14:53

(Normally it never works Laughing )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 11:53

Jake hadn't returned long when I began to stir, blinking in the morning light.

Where did you go? I asked softly. I thought I'd heard something.... voices....

It was nothing, he lied. He didn't think he'd be able to even begin explaining what'd just happened. He was still processing the other Caryn's visit himself.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 12:01

I've been thinking.... we need to be focusing more on trying to find a way to change the future, don't we? he continued. I know it seems impossible, but....

We need it, I finished, smiling softly. I didn't notice how he didn't smile in return. But we need to find a way to fix you, fix your abilities, first....

That doesn't matter, he shook his head.

How can it not matter?!!

I mean.... the entire future's more important, right? Even if I don't get them back, it'll be fine if we can change things. And maybe this'll end up fixing itself, anyway....

Maybe, I echoed, but it was obvious that I didn't believe the suggestion.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 12:16

I might have had an idea last night, he added. I didn't know he was lying, I didn't have a suspicion. I'm not sure though... I'll just go check it out alone, first...

I agreed with him, thinking that there was no point all of us going until we knew it wasn't a red herring.

Be careful, I muttered before he left.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 12:39

He walked rapidly through the streets, not trusting to get a cab or use the tube in case either were being monitored. He kept his face low all the while. It'd be risky doing this, he knew... but he couldn't not. He couldn't leave things as they were.

After walking for 15 minutes, he entered an apartment block, headed up the stairs and then paused before one of the doors. He was hesitating, now. He had to force himself to knock.

Hello? Eve asked as she opened the door, without really looking. Her face practically dropped as she recognised him. Jake....?! What... where have you been?!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 5:44