Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 15:36

I.... he began, hesitating again, shaking his head. I can't explain it, Eve.

You can't explain it? You just vanished... you were gone for weeks, almost a month....

And no one had a clue where I was, he finished for her. I know that. I just couldn't.... it wasn't safe....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 15:42

There were police looking for you, Jake, she pointed out. Not just the ones your family got, not just ones from work......are you.... are you in some kind of trouble, or....?

He shook his head. He didn't know if he could tell her.... explain any of it, really. He didn't really even know why he'd come back here. Waking up with Caryn had just been so strange, so wrong and yet fitting, it'd felt right. And it'd gotten him thinking, driven him to Eve again even though he knew it was safer to avoid everyone he'd known beforehand. Now though... it was clearer. Eve didn't belong in the world he did. He couldn't begin to explain what was happening to her.

Look, I just have to go, Eve. Again. I won't be coming back. I'll just disappear.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 18:13

You're leaving? she echoed. Her disbelief was clear. He nodded though.

I have to.... I can't come back, not after this time. Just think of it as if it's over. I'm sorry, Eve.

She continued to question, but he refused to answer any more. After a few more minutes, he left her apartment. He didn't let himself look back.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 13 Jul 2012 - 22:51

I'd spent the entire morning remaining within the hideout, talking with Miles. Both of us were trying to think of ways of altering the future, without much success. Neither of us really knew where to start. Hearing Jake return, I glanced up and smiled softly over at him.

Any luck? I asked. He shook his head.

Nothing.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 23 Jul 2012 - 10:33

Shame, I replied, trying to smile reassuringly though. A part of me knew that we'd probably hit hundreds of dead ends before having any luck.

Actually.... maybe I have an idea, I began suddenly, as the thought struck me. Miles, you're from a different future than my other self, right? A newer one?

He nodded.

If we compared them both, maybe we'd be able to find the common factor.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 22:55

(Nod Very Happy)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sun 29 Jul 2012 - 22:58

I'm sorry, Owain, said Asher, finally. He continued to comfort himself with the thought that he now stood a chance, but it didn't help.

Owain struggled away from him when Asher tried to clap him on the shoulder in attempted comfort. No. Get away from me! I've only known you a few days and you just said I'm going to die!

Asher apologised continuously, but Owain shook his head, refusing to listen to Asher, imploring him to leave. Finally, he gave him, getting a taxi back to the hotel. It was only when he arrived that he realised how angry Lou would be at him, meaning he immediately got back in the car and instructed he drive to their old apartment. One place he knew Lou was scared to go.
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 19:23

(btw what is the disasterous future?)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Sat 4 Aug 2012 - 23:20

(Enslaved EHs and prison)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 12:37

Pulling up outside the place, Owain was a little hesitant in entering the building, but he eventually did so. He climbed the seven flights of stairs to their floor and knocked, slowly. He knew that going here was opening him up to a whole world of questions he wasn't allowed to answer. He had already screwed up once - he needed to think. That was all he needed. He knocked once, with no response and knocked again. Only when he thought about the day did he realise why - he was at the gym and Lou was at work.

Smiling at the thought of some piece and quiet, he entered the code into the box and it opened to reveal the spare key. He pushed it into the door and entered the apartment, unable to hold back a smile at all of the happy memories of this place - and the one awful memory. Asher closed the door behind him and put the spare key back in its box before beginning to wander wistfully around the apartment.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 12 Aug 2012 - 23:43

( Sad cute, rose )
    (Btw, we STILL don't know what they need to find out or work out....)
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 11:46

(Yeah, we should work on that lol!)

Asher had barely made it to his bedroom when someone knocked on the door. He wondered momentarily who it was, but did not question that he should answer. When he opened the door, he saw Matt smiling up at him. He hugged the boy warmly - in a much more friendly way than most greetings. Hey, Matt! What's up?

Dad, he said with a grunt, as if that provided an answer to the problem.

Asher let him in and the two dropped down on the sofa. What'd he do?

He wants me to go to boarding school, sighed Matt. Asher was about to leap to his defence saying he would speak to his parents when he thought of something.

You should go.

Matt spluttered a little and looked ready to hit Asher. What, why? I've done nothing wrong - I'm 15 years old and I don't want to have to go a stupid school where they can monitor your every move.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 13 Aug 2012 - 12:42

(Awww Sad )
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 14 Aug 2012 - 17:04

Wayward Daughter wrote:Shame, I replied, trying to smile reassuringly though. A part of me knew that we'd probably hit hundreds of dead ends before having any luck.

Actually.... maybe I have an idea, I began suddenly, as the thought struck me. Miles, you're from a different future than my other self, right? A newer one?

He nodded.

If we compared them both, maybe we'd be able to find the common factor.

It's a good idea, he began slowly. But honestly, I wouldn't even know where to start..... I don't know what happened. No one does. That's the problem.

I sighed. I'd suspected at much, it'd just been a faint hope. We'd been trying this for over a month now, without any sign or glimmer of eventual success. It seemed to be getting darker and darker every day.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 20 Aug 2012 - 12:31

Maybe if I just keep going back and changing random events? Jake offered half-heartedly. I shrugged. It was worth a try.... none of us even considered the risk of making events worse, possibly thinking that worse wasn't possible.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 23 Aug 2012 - 12:53

Over the next few days, passing into weeks, that's what we did. Jake traveled backwards over and over, changing small detail after small detail. But nothing seemed to change. It really was disheartening. I was beginning to think that we were fighting against the inevitable.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 22:35

You can't think like that, Jake whispered to me one day, accurately guessing my thoughts. It's giving up.

I shook my head. It wasn't giving up - not exactly, I'd never really give up this fight, as I'd seen from my future self - I was just wondering.... why were we fighting? I was losing hope.

I don't know if there's anything left, I replied, a similar whisper barely audible.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 30 Aug 2012 - 23:08

He didn't say anything in response to that, just silently pressing a kiss to my temple. We both knew that hope wasn't the point. It didn't matter if we had nothing left. The fight would become us. Over and over, just keeping on trying, just battling on.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 31 Aug 2012 - 16:52

I wish I could send Miles back, he admitted. I knew why - his nephew was just a kid, even if he looked in his teens, even though he could technically be any physical age he wanted. Sometimes, it showed. The innocence and lack of life experience showed. And Jake didn't even know he was his nephew, yet, I remembered with a jolt.

I get that.... but we can't. There's nowhere to send him to, nowhere safe. The future he comes from is just even worse than this...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 23:15

I know that, Jake admitted, defeated. I tried to force a smile, but even that seemed impossible. These days, everything was so dark, so hard... it was suffocating.

I'm just going outside for a while, ok?

I left without waiting for a response, having found the whole discussion stifling. I had to just escape from that lack of hope. Nothing we'd tried had worked, and we were almost running out of things to try.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 17:47

I soon found myself pacing the street outside our hideout, walking further and further away. The thoughts plaguing my mind remained the same: the growing apparent futility of our mission, and the knowledge that even with that, I couldn't bear to give up. We didn't know what to do, and Jake still had no powers.... I forced myself to stop and sighed. Going round in metaphoric circles wasn't helping. And I should be going back. I began heading homeward, but it was already too late, and although I didn't know it, I'd been spotted.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 20:48

After a while, I began glancing backwards, some little instinct raising my paranoia. I was afraid that I was correctly identifying that instinct. And even though I couldn't see anyone, I thought I could hear someone, some people, footsteps and hushed voices. A pursuit. A part of me wanted to run, but another part was telling me that'd be the worst thing I could do. If there was anything....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 12:22

I continued moving forwards as quickly as I could risk, but I soon found my way barred. My heart sank. Even from a distance, I could see their official uniforms, recognised from memories of another future. My only option was to fight.... to try to fight. I didn't know how much hope there was in it. I just knew that I couldn't let myself be captured without trying something.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 21 Sep 2012 - 17:07

My odds weren't good, I knew that. I didn't have any borrowed ability, let alone an offensive one. I hadn't gotten the chance to gain any. But I could still deflect. That's what I did, after ignoring their request of surrender so that they'd begin firing, throwing their bullets and blasts of taser electricity back at them.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 25 Sep 2012 - 15:38

Slowly, though, I had to realise that I couldn't deflect every attack, they were coming too tightly for that. And I was tiring. It wasn't a fight I could win; there were too many of them. I'd known that from the start. It was just as it'd been originally - I was caught.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 12:14