Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

5 posters

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread - Page 24 Empty Re: World 7: Timeslip - RP Thread

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 26 Sep 2012 - 21:15

Surprised Sad
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 26 Sep 2012 - 22:42

Caryn had been gone for just over an hour when Jake began worrying, but he waited a little longer before mentioning it, not wanting to seem paranoid.

It's been hours since she left, right? he asked at last, unable to wait longer.

Yeah.... three....

It was obvious from Miles' tone of voice that he suspected something of what had happened, probably guided by knowledge of the almost inevitable future. Jake could give the same guess.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 30 Sep 2012 - 23:53

She's been caught, hasn't she? he asked quietly, speaking at last when the weight of the silence became too heavy for him. His words just made that worse, though.

Glumly, Miles just nodded. Caryn had been captured in his timeline, but he hadn't known enough details of the exact timing or location to provide much warning. Nothing more than what she already had, given her memories from her future self and her instincts.

I'm sorry, he whispered, knowing enough of the pair's history to guess at least a portion of what his uncle must be suffering.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 5 Oct 2012 - 18:01

Jake didn't say anything in response to the boy's condolences. His mind was already spinning too quickly, filled with ideas of somehow saving Caryn. He didn't know how. That didn't matter. The fact that he was powerless, outnumbered and without any clue didn't even register.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 13 Oct 2012 - 12:48

Maybe I should get in touch with older her, he muttered, thinking aloud. Maybe she'd know something to help...

Or maybe all she could tell you is how you save her originally, Miles replied.

But I can't do that when I'm powerless!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 24 Oct 2012 - 23:45

Hang on, didn't she say that she'd be looking into that? Miles asked, suddenly remembering. Jake nodded.

Yeah, Caryn said that she'd told her we should focus on changing things, leave getting my powers back to her.....

Maybe she's had some success by now, Miles offered, smiling optimistically. Jake shrugged. He didn't really believe it - he expected Caryn would have acted immediately if she had something, and he'd know by the evidence of her success - but he had nothing else to offer so he didn't express his doubts.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 2 Nov 2012 - 23:32

I just need to find a way to contact her, first, he muttered, thinking aloud. Of course, she hadn't left any phone number or contact address - that'd have made it too easy. She wouldn't have wanted to risk the wrong people tracing her, either. But it meant that he didn't know where to look, and he didn't think he could just wait for her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Fri 16 Nov 2012 - 16:15

He tried working out where she could possibly choose to hide, knowing that he didn't really know her well enough to guess. She wouldn't have chosen anywhere too obviously connected with herself. And she had an extra 5 years on him too, 5 years of the future to learn of more places she could turn to. Then he remembered that she'd probably be here with his own future self by now, and began thinking that maybe it'd been him who'd chosen wherever they were staying. Maybe that'd make guessing the place even a possibility.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 24 Nov 2012 - 16:42

Slowly, he began searching through everywhere he could think of, feeling anew the frustration of having lost his beaming as he realised how painstaking it was checking everywhere on foot. It took days. And typically, the first places he'd considered were too obvious, but he couldn't think of the more realistic ones until he'd cleared those first.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 5 Dec 2012 - 23:31

It was months before he finally did find them. And when he did, it wasn't some sudden breakthrough; it was really just one more idea, one lead h didn't really think would go anywhere but felt he had to check it anyway. Just one rundown apartment in the middle of an entirely abandoned complex. He knew he was right, immediately, though. He knew it even before Caryn, poised guarding the door, had grabbed him upon entering, throwing him against the wall before his future self recognised him and told her to relax.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 5 Dec 2012 - 23:34

I should have known you of all people would have found this place, he commented. His stance and reaction was the complete opposite of hers: seemingly relaxed, apart from that glimmer of self-doubt and weighing guilt, the one which appeared frozen into his eyes.

I need your help, Jake replied, his voice barely more than a whisper. Both of you, I need your help.... I'm powerless. I can't save Caryn alone.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 10 Dec 2012 - 19:10

What's happened? the older Jake asked, concern now filling his eyes.

She's been captured....

Like what happened to me, Caryn remarked. He nodded.

Please.... I have to save her.....

Caryn frowned. She bit her lip lightly as she fought against her thoughts, her worries.

It didn't happen like that before, she pointed out. I didn't get rescued... not straight away... not for years....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 10 Dec 2012 - 22:45

That doesn't mean we can't change things, the older Jake replied instantly. Changing things is the entire purpose of our presence here in this time.

Seeing her still hesitant, he crossed over and wrapped his arms around her, holding her tenderly. His next words were a whisper, but still audible to all.

I can't just stand by and let them do everything they did to you, again.... not if I can stop it, not if I can protect you. One version of you, at least....

The words and his voice were so highly strung with emotion that Jake suddenly felt voyeuristic witnessing this, surreal as that was. He knew this was himself, and with the future version of the woman he was already involved with and in love with... but still....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 12 Dec 2012 - 23:37

We will help you, Caryn assured him, turning to face the younger version of him. She still frowned, though.My current borrowed power can find her and get us to her, easily... but after that....

You don't have anything to fight with? he asked.

Only my deflection.... and normal fighting, of course.... but at least they won't have anything to block powers, they haven't developed those... yet....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 1 Jan 2013 - 15:27

Power blockers? he echoed, shocked, and she nodded. She began explaining how some man somewhere in Asia would design a series of drugs which could block the most powerful and offensive of abilities, how another man would design an injection which could block teleportation for days. As she spoke, his shock and dread just grew and grew. It took her a while to notice that, though.

You don't need to know all of this, though, she reassured him quietly. It's going to change, we're gonna stop it all.

Is there anyone else who could help us save her? the older Jake interjected.

I don't really know... possibly. Aren't you the ones who'd know most, though? Weren't there any others fighting with you, in the future?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 21 Jan 2013 - 20:06

We don't know where most of those would be, now, Caryn replied heavily, shaking her head. Apart from those whom I met in prison.... they'd be captured around now though...

Weren't there some people who helped Caryn save you? future Jake interjected.

I think so... but she didn't mention who most of those are.... I just remember one name, Lou....

Lou Matthews? she guessed. I might be able to find her....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 22 Jan 2013 - 21:45

After a moment, Caryn then laughed, realising what she'd just said. Might be able to? It was a certainty, with the ability she currently had borrowed. She'd briefly forgotten that one, even after having just offered to use it to locate her past self. Smiling slightly, she said that she'd go find Lou and ask her help, before she teleported away.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:13

Lou had taken the opportunity of a few hour to have a nice long shower and this had then been interrupted by Asher's sudden desire for a shower that had in reality resulted in a far nicer shower for the both of them. Asher also took the opportunity to make the joke that the shower had actually made him feel dirtier.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:15

(Awkward Laughing )

Caryn suddenly appeared in the room outside the bathroom.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:34

(Laughing)

The sound of running water can hopefully alert Caryn because there's no way they've heard her
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 14 Feb 2013 - 23:41

She did hear the water, and sanely decided to just wait.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 21:26

Finally untangling themselves from one another, Lou got out of the shower first, taking the nicer (and only) big towel. She wrapped it around herself, tied her hair back and left. Seeing a person freaked her out a little and she immediately took a fighting stance, which admittedly looked a little ridiculous with the towel. Registering that it was Caryn, she apologised.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 22:00

Hi, she commented awkwardly. Would you be willing to help us raid a prison?
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 22:27

You really have no people skills at all, do you? chuckled Asher, leaving the bathroom with pants luckily on and buttoning up a shirt.

Lou didn't smile at his joke but nodded. Where's the raid?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 6 Mar 2013 - 22:32

No, I don't any more, she replied to Asher dryly, before turning to Lou's question. Jamestown Prison, outside DC.

She wondered if either would remember that was the prison she'd first been held in, the one she'd met Asher in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 7:32