Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

4 posters

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

World 6: Awakened - RP Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: World 6: Awakened - RP Thread

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 6 Jan 2014 - 23:40

Anya attacked once more, relying on speed in order not to give the woman enough time to react. She suspected that if she did, she'd find herself annihilated. She threw herself at her, again and again. Every attack saw the same fate as the first. Always blocked, always deflected.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 22:29

She kept fighting, worrying every second about when those deflections would turn into magical attacks. She was lucky that her motions prevented the woman from gaining enough time to cast a sigil. A few times, she thought she'd seen her attempt that. The defences were good though, too good for her to penetrate through, even with all of her attempts. She tried feints and tricks, but nothing worked. Nothing. Then she almost burst out laughing as the obvious idea occurred to her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 8 Jan 2014 - 23:19

She stepped away, smiling confidently. The witch looked at her in confusion.

I win, she proclaimed. Just as the woman stepped forwards again, she made her move. One thought, one little twist of reality. Then the woman was powerless. Anya slashed her blade outwards, feeling a tug of resistance as it sliced through her torso. She pulled it back and shook the blood off before leaving.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 12 Jan 2014 - 17:27

Blaine and Min had returned to the warehouse and found it empty, Anya not having come back yet. He offered her some change of clothes since hers were a bit sewer stained. While she changed, he stared out of the window and found himself remembering the reckless abandon with which she'd thrown herself into that entrance. She hadn't considered the risk of a trap at all. It'd been filled which such hatred, it almost frightened him.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 12 Jan 2014 - 22:52

He heard her footsteps re-entering the room, and turned around. She smiled. He smiled back automatically, but he was still thinking of the way she'd reacted.

The way you jumped in there without looking, without thinking... he found himself asking. Was there any reason for it? Anything I should know? If we're gonna be working together and all....

Her smile fell. He noticed that, and her hesitation, which was obvious. He was just about to take the question back when she answered.

I suppose you should know.... I hate vampires. More than the normal hunting hate.... they killed my family.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 14 Jan 2014 - 22:43

Oh... I'm sorry... he muttered. He was now looking down, embarrassed at having asked. ... What happened?

Despite herself, she smiled faintly, for a second, but still a smile. She'd believed that he'd react like everyone else did - as if the mere mention was ripping open old wounds. His question was almost relieving.

Vampires attacked the house - or maybe one, I'm not sure. I wasn't there at the time. I'd been having a sleepover with friends. When I got back home, there were police there and they'd cordoned the whole place off...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 22:49

I'm sorry... he muttered again. He didn't know what else to say. Now, he remembered a lesson his dad had taught him years ago: that most hunters were revenge hunters and that talking of what had drawn them in was often a taboo subject. Like a fool, of course, he'd forgotten that warning.

Min smiled briefly, but he could tell it was forced.

It was years ago, she muttered. And nothing can be done now. I'm just gonna kill as many of those sons of bitches as I can, stop as many more families as I can from dying like mine did.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 20:28

So it's a revenge thing for you? he asked. She nodded.

Yeah.... isn't it that for everyone?

Blaine shook his head before he could think.

What's it for you, then?

Redemption, I guess.

She opened her mouth, for a second about to ask redemption over what, then she reconsidered. Most likely it wasn't something he'd want to talk about, or something she'd want to hear.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 23:18

Sliding the keycard into the hotel room door, Clara entered and immediately dumped her bags onto the nearest of the twin beds. She didn't bother looking around. It wouldn't be much different to the last room, or the next one. Whatever town that'd be in. She opened up her phone and briefly scanned through the case's details, not that she needed to - she had the facts memorised. It was simple enough in theory. A draining had been reported. There was an Epotum here, someone like her, for her to recruit, or to kill. The only problem was the little irritation of a thought in the back of her mind. It was nagging at her saying that this time there was something different.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 21 Jan 2014 - 23:38

She shook her head. Why would it ever be different? This was her life now - the simplicity, case after case each almost exactly the same. A new hunt, a draining. The only change was when there'd be another Epotum and she'd make the offer first. The offer she herself had been given, had accepted. This had been her life for nearly two decades.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 15:37

With a little effort, she pushed those thoughts and memories aside. They wouldn't help here and now. She scanned through the file on her phone again, checking all the details to make sure. The building where the draining had occurred wasn't far from her hotel. A ten minute walk, or fifteen at most. It ought to be easy. She grabbed the keycard again and headed outside.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 17:27

The walk took her the predicted ten minutes. Then she was ringing the doorbell, waiting for the answer which came promptly. Might as well give whoever it was this chance to open the door, she thought, before turning to the option of tearing it down. Her employers encouraged her to leave as little trail as possible. Her thoughts of proper procedure vanished when the door did open. She could only stare. She looked, stunned, at the face before her, the face she'd believed never to see again. The face of the one person who knew of the one time she'd broken the rules before.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 17:36

What are you doing here?!!

The girl stared back. She seemed just as stunned, as frozen, as Clara. Her dark brown eyes were large and wide, betraying a tremor of fear which she was trying to conceal. Suddenly, she found the ability to move again. She began slamming the door closed. Clara stepped forwards, blocking it with a vice-like grip.

What are you doing here? she demanded again. Madison, Clara now remembered her name had been. You said you'd never come after me again! You said I'd never see one of you again!!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 17:45

And you said you'd never drain! she retorted angrily. She was so mad, she didn't think of the danger involved in holding this particular conversation on a doorstep.

I wasn't going to! Madison retaliated. But then that man - that thing - just attacked me, from nowhere. I didn't know what else to do! And I didn't mean it, half of it, it just happened when I reached out...

Clara shook her head. The victim in this case had been a possessing demon, no great loss to the world. And yet the rules were clear. All draining faced the same consequence; demons were as living and conscious as more innocent species. She'd spared Madison in the past only because the girl had then been surviving off plants and small animals. And yet...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 21:32

Get back inside, she instructed. For a moment, Madison frowned. Her face was set in stubbornness.

Honestly, get back inside!

She pushed through before Madison could stop her. Madison could only watch, and then follow. She grabbed some bags lying in a corner, and hurriedly began throwing things into them.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 28 Jan 2014 - 21:36

What are you doing? she hissed. She tried grabbing the bags away from Clara, but failed. The other's grip was too strong. Clara just continued with her hurried packing.

You have to leave. Now. The company I work for, they detected when you drained that demon, they sent me here to deal with you. They won't believe another false report. Not unless you run.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 23:07

What?!Madison gasped. Why?

It took a great effort for Clara to resist snapping, or rolling her eyes. She'd explained TVEC and all of this before. She'd spoken off it at length, years ago when they'd initially met, when she was trying to come to her decision. Her decision had been to let the girl go. But it wasn't an option this time.

If they find you here, they will kill you, she stated bluntly.And me too, since I can't justify why I won't kill you. I don't want that to happen. So you're going to run.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 23:19

The bluntness of the words succeeded. They worked their purpose: they sank in. For a moment, Madison could just stand there, struggling to wrap her mind around this sudden development.

Where would I go? she asked weakly.

Anywhere, Clara answered. Anywhere which is far from here, and not too obviously connected to you, so that they can't track you.

She shook her head. It wasn't a refusal though, and Clara could see that. She was just overwhelmed. Her entire life was here - her job, her friends, everyone. She'd already relocated once, quitting her college and moving town, after her first encounter with this frighteningly intense woman. And now she had to disappear completely? It was crazy. She felt an urge to say so.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 23:49

I could do as you do, she whispered suddenly. Clara raised her head, eyes wide showing how she startled she was. Madison didn't notice.

Yes, I could hunt, like you! I'd move around, keep quiet. I'd drain only as a last resort. I've gotten enough from that demon, as you called it - I haven't tried anything, but I can already sense the potency. I could hunt!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 23:55

Two hours later, Madison was already out on the highway. Her bags were piled high in the backseat of her car, and she was away. Off, searching for her first hunt. A strange thrill filled her at that thought. Clara hadn't liked the idea. She'd shouted herself hoarse over it. She'd called it a mad idea, claimed that Madison didn't have a clue of the risks involved. But it didn't matter. She just hadn't understood. Madison couldn't just flee without any direction, any plan. She couldn't just hide. She had to do something.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 22:02

By the next morning, Blaine had found suggestions of a new case. One missing person and one death, the same location and no leads for the police. It sounded like it could be a variety of possibilities. He'd already called both Min and Anya telling them the details. On an unspoken agreement, he didn't mention the vulnerabilities of her past which Min had revealed to him the previous night, and in return she didn't mention his words about redemption either.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 16 Feb 2014 - 14:19

He glanced over and over at the newspaper article he'd found while he waited for them to arrive. He didn't have to wait long. First his sister entered, then Min about two minutes later. He wordlessly showed them the cut-out and they agreed with him that it had to be a case.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 17:09

What do you think we're up against then? Min asked. He shrugged. He didn't need to point out the fact that it could be so many possibilities; they all knew that already.

I wish there was a way of finding out, she muttered. She was looking downwards, her eyes glued on the paper lying on the table. Suddenly she gasped and raised her head.

Why isn't there?! Anya, you could just make yourself know!
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 22:29

Anya grinned over at her. She wondered why she hadn't considered this idea herself. It was obvious, really. She closed her eyes, focused, tried to reach out with her power. Tried to twist and manipulate reality into planting the information inside her head. After a moment though, she winced.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 18 Feb 2014 - 17:49

What's wrong?! Blaine asked at once, noticing.

It's not working...

All three were silent for a moment, as if stunned by what she'd said, what she'd admitted. It wasn't working?! How could that be?

I someone... something... blocking you? Min asked at last.

Anya hesitated. But she shook her head.

No. It feels like more than that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024 - 11:08