Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

+7
ItsAGibbo
Guy Fawkes
blazingphoenix
A Returning Charlotte
Rokstarr
Bil
Superheroesfanatic-IR
11 posters

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale))

Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale))

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:14

Was it? That was the best I could do. Hope the relevance of that becomes evident as the story progresses. What did you like about it?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) - Page 2 Empty Re: Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale))

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:25

I liked how you re-explained it, showing it from Karl's pov, so you see it as a newly manifested person. Kind of easier to see his viewpoint.

Maybe it acts as a trigger for the government to plan using that weapon?
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:31

Not so much, it really just triggers the political events that take place in this Arc. I'm really hoping to actually progress the international situation if you get what I'm saying. Hopefully it will all make sense when it's finished...I hope, Laughing alright

Any idea when your next chapter is going to be released? Question
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:34

OK. I think I'll get it when it happens.....

In a few days, hopefully. I've written just over half of it.
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 31 Aug 2009 - 22:36

Great Very Happy
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 18:18

Mr_Isaac wrote:Here is the Preview from the end of Arc One once more:

Arc Two: Consequences

Each pair of eyes in the large, high tech room was fixed on the hooded figure that stood on the table in the centre. In her hand, she held up a small vial, which she held high above her head so they could all see. Inside was an innocent-looking blue liquid, the unnatural, fluorescent light gleaming off it luminously.

Only two other of the room’s occupants had laid eyes upon it before: a tall man with the sadistic grin and malicious demeanour, and a stern looking woman who held an cold, impassive expression on her young face.

‘This, my friends,’ the hooded woman began, smiling at them all. ‘This is what they invented in order to kill us. Exterminate us, like vermin. Poison us all.’

There were grunts of anger and hushed whispers from around the room, but one piercing look from the woman who went by the name “Greenfinch” silenced them all. She went on: ‘And they will use it, if given the chance. They will use it gladly. Because, my friends, in their eyes, we are nothing more than a plague...a virus which needs wiping out.’

This time, her words were met only with fierce nods of agreement and understanding from the figures around her.

‘But, I say to you that they are the plague. They are the virus. They are the vermin which need exterminating. With your help, we can use this poison against them. Destroy them with the very weapon they created to destroy us. Because, my friends and fellow evolved humans, this is our planet!’

There was a loud roar from around the room, echoing dissonantly off the metal walls and appliances.

‘And I think it’s time we took it back!’

TO BE CONTINUED...

thumb
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Sun 6 Sep 2009 - 17:09

Thanks, have you read the prologue?
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 19:40

Really good!

I'll pm you with the profiles in a min Smile
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 11:03

rock on
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 14 Sep 2009 - 23:16

I have a much looser storyline for Arc Two so it's taking a while to take shape. It will also move at a slower pace to the First Arc. I hope it works. I was thinking of posting it on another site, but I can't find any good ones really. All the stories only features characters from the show- people have no imagination! Anyone have any recommendations?

Anyway, I think they'll be more frequent when the new season starts, hopefully. I am very busy though, for the next few months at least. Right, cheers.
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) - Page 2 Empty Chapter One

Post by Mr_Isaac Mon 21 Sep 2009 - 16:52

Chapter One: Hospitality

The second most powerful man in the United States of America faced the many television cameras with an urgent and sincere gaze. He knew the significance of every single word he produced today. The country was always vulnerable after tragedy. Like moths to a candle flame, they would listen eagerly to any person who offered them hope in the wake of a catastrophic event. And they would follow them, blind to whatever sacrifices and wrongs were made “in the name of justice”.

It was the golden rule of politics. It had worked nearly a century ago after Pearl Harbour, it had worked back in September 2002 and it would work today.

Even though he knew millions of pairs of eyes were on him and him alone, the Second Minister’s words remained calm and collected. His gaze never left the camera and he barely blinked as he addressed the American population.

‘Have you seen this?’

Hetty looked up vacantly at her brother, whose eyes were glued to their fuzzy old television set. She recognised the man on the screen immediately and, gradually, she tuned into what Andrew Preston was saying:

‘...my fellow Americans. Today, we were hit by one of the most colossal acts of terrorism in our country’s history.’ The politician paused for effect. ‘And today, as we mourn those who were lost, we must also begin to pick up the pieces in the wake of this terrible tragedy.

‘In the world we live in, there is a very real threat...ever-present, ever-looming. Perhaps the measures we, as the government, initially set up were inadequate to deal with this threat. And in recent months the dangers posed by this problem have been somewhat forgotten due to certain...’ At this point, he took a short, heavy breath. He finished: ‘...revelations.’

‘This is bullshit!’ Kent exclaimed. ‘He’s acting like AUTHORITY never existed-’

Hetty cut him off, ‘Shut up! I want to hear this.’

Defiantly, Kent was silent and stared fiercely at the television screen.

‘...However, last night we were ruefully reminded of this threat,’ the Second Minister was saying, a certain level of bitterness finding its way into his tone. ‘And the unavoidable danger they pose to us as nation. I am of course referring to the phenomenon scientists have deemed “Neo Evolution”.’

An image of a harmless-looking man of about 40 filled the screen for a couple of seconds, and then it cut back to the press conference. The man’s face was now projected onto the screen behind the politician.

‘In the early hours of this morning, at approximately three o’clock, this man,’ he indicated the picture over his shoulder. ‘This man, Karl Sumter, used a power that we can neither understand nor explain, to destroy the Brooklyn Bridge in New York. Along with his own life, he took that of 263 innocent Americans.’

Hetty and Kent looked at each other in mutual exasperation.

‘And are we expected to sit back and let these people, these so-called “evolved humans”, terrorise us and our loved ones?’ Preston let the rhetorical question sink in before continuing in an excited tone. ‘Some countries would have us do exactly that. I speak of Russia and Mexico in particular. Their flimsy governments let these terrorists and criminals in, without a second glance, and treat them with undeserved hospitality. How can we counter-act this threat when we are constantly undermined by nations which should be aiding our cause?’

The second rhetoric pause was short-lived.

‘The simple answer: we can’t. There is no control. If the legality of our great country is not reflected worldwide, there can only be chaos. For this reason, we must take action which 5 years ago would have been unthinkable. But today it seems our only option. We must deploy troops in the countries which simply will not take it into their own hands to deal with this problem. We have to take action for the greater good, no matter what the risk. To ensure our survival as a species, the largest ever threat to mankind must be eliminated-’

Hetty blinked, as the screen went black. Suddenly, the remote control flew off the table and smashed against the wall. She didn’t dare rebuke her brother for this action, knowing how far his wrath could take him sometimes. Still staring at the blank television, Hetty let him calm down for a few moments.

After not too long, she heard him mutter fiercely under his breath.

‘Nothing will ever change. We will never be free.’

Blinded by frustration, Rachel bashed violently on her sister’s door.

‘Sarah!’ she practically screamed. ‘Sarah, I know you’re in there! Open the door! Come on, I’m your sister. I deserve to know that you’re all right!’

After several more thumps on the paint-peeled splintered wood, Rachel finally lowered her hand. Just as she was about to give up and turn back down the corridor, she heard a chain slide and a metallic click. The door creaked open and the sombre form of her sister framed by the doorway.

Overrun by emotion, Rachel rushed forward and took a baffled Sarah into her arms. Hugging her tight, she breathed in Sarah’s scent as much as she could. It reminded her so much of their mother. It was still amazing to be able to see her, let alone touch her. Sometimes it was hard for Rachel to let go, for fear of losing her again. But, eventually, she did.

‘Where the hell have you been?’ she demanded angrily. ‘I haven’t seen or heard from you in weeks!’

Her sister simply shrugged, and wandered back into Jimmy’s old apartment. It was a total mess, just as he had left it. The window was still broken, and the same bullet holes marked the far wall. And it hadn’t exactly been a pretty sight before the intrusion.

Rachel noticed Sarah was wearing a hooded coat far too big for her. When the latter saw her looking at it, she muttered: ‘It smells like him...’

Nodding sadly, Rachel watched as Sarah curled up on the sofa and wrapped Jimmy’s jacket around her. Somewhat cautiously, she shut the door and sat beside her sister.

‘Please, Sarah, why are you doing this to yourself?’ she began desperately. ‘We need you, I need you. Jimmy’s gone; we all have to accept it. We have to move on...’

It was as if she was talking to a brick wall. Sarah didn’t seem to notice her at all. Her eyes were wide open and she stared at nothing whatsoever, seemingly lost in her thoughts.

Rachel gave up trying to communicate, instead glancing furtively around the room. To her horror, she caught sight of the remains of some crushed ATB pills on the coffee table. Was there another explanation for Sarah’s distant, strange behaviour? Remembering Jimmy’s previous occupation, Rachel realised this place was most likely full of drugs. How long had Sarah been here? She prayed that it wasn’t too long before Rachel had thought to come here.

‘Sarah...’ she uttered carefully. ‘Sarah...’

No response.

‘Hey, sis’!

The young woman’s head jerked to face her so quickly it was frightening. Then it became clear. Her dilated pupils scarcely fit her bloodshot eyes. There was no denying it... Sarah was totally wasted. Frantic thoughts rushed through Rachel’s head as she carefully considered her next move. Those dangerous eyes were still fixated upon her, demanding a reason for her interruption.

‘Err, Sarah, do you know how much you’ve taken?’ Rachel didn’t want to know the answer to that question. Fortunately, her sister was in no state to give her one. So she took a different approach. ‘Sis’, we’re all worried about you. How about you come back with me and show us all you’re ok?’

Rapidly, Sarah shook her head, her dishevelled hair falling about her pale face. It was agony to see her sister in this state, and it took all Rachel’s will to keep tears out of her eyes.

As casually as she could manage, Rachel tried once more to persuade her, ‘Come on, please. We haven’t seen you in ages. We all just want to know that you’re alright, you know? We care about you...’

Sarah shook her head again, and finally spoke: ‘You want to take me away from him...’

‘Take you away from who?’ Rachel bit back tears again. ‘There’s no one here.’

‘You know who!’ her sister said aggressively, jumping to her feet and pointing an accusing, shaking finger at Rachel. ‘You know exactly who I’m talking about!’

Standing as well, Rachel tried to calm her down. She put her hand on Sarah’s wrist, knowing she didn’t need her sister’s consent to take her back. This was a mistake. Wrenching her hand from Rachel’s grip, Sarah staggered backwards away from her.

‘You want to take me away from him!’ she repeated loudly.

‘No, no...please, Sarah I...’ Rachel pleaded.

‘I won’t let you take me away from him!’

To Rachel’s dismay, Sarah disappeared from sight. A second later the door opened then slammed shut again. She was gone.

Anton reluctantly pressed the old-fashioned, golden buzzer to allow his visitor inside the building. He wondered whether he would ever be left in peace; he had a five-year old girl to worry about know, he didn’t need reminding of his hectic past. And he certainly didn’t need to relive it.

But Anton knew that he had to hear them out, despite his preconceptions of their unexpected arrival. So he gingerly pulled open the door and allowed the young man to walk inside.

‘Hello, Anton. How are things?’ Alex MacArthur greeted him pleasantly.

‘Promotion?’ Anton inquired, somewhat shortly, having noticed the silver, red and blue brooch on the collar of the American’s blazer. It was identical to the one which had used to adorn his own jacket back when he was the chief of the President’s security.

‘Err, yeah,’ Alex smiled, and then laughed. ‘You’re talking to your new boss!’

‘I’m retired, Alex,’ shot Anton, bluntly. He had never liked American humour. ‘Why are you here then?’

The young man looked embarrassed for a second or two, before regaining his nerve. A well-practiced expression of seriousness moulded itself across Alex’s features, which was evidently supposed to mean “time for business”. Anton read it as: “I’ve only been on the job for a week”.

‘Well, we’ve been working closely with Russian intelligence. You know, these are dangerous times-’

‘Ok,’ Anton nodded. ‘What does this have to do with me?’

‘Right then. I’ll cut to the chase. We need your help, Anton-’

‘Whoa no!’ Anton cut him off immediately. ‘I’m out. I thought I made that clear! I have Anya to worry about now...’

The American raised his hands defensively. ‘Look, could you lower your voice? There are several agents waiting outside, and I don’t want to make this difficult.’

‘Difficult!’ Anton smirked, but spoke more quietly all the same. ‘I take a bullet for Titov...twice, and this is how I get treated? What, are you gonna bag and tag me? I don’t work for the President anymore-’

‘Fine, just think of it as a favour,’ Alex suggested, feebly. ‘It’s not even dangerous.’

‘What even is it?’ Anton asked, instantly wishing he hadn’t done so.

Alex hesitated before replying. Anton knew the other man was considering how much to disclose. ‘Just a simple intelligence operation. You’ll hear more about it in the briefing.’

‘If I agree to it, that is,’ Anton reminded him, futilely.

‘Come on, Anton,’ Alex’s smile returned. ‘At least hear us out. I promise you won’t regret it.’

Somehow Anton doubted that, as the numb pain from his recent gunshot wound still niggled at the edge of his thoughts. However, in the end, he knew he had no choice. He could only hope in vain that it really was as simple as the American made it sound.

In the pouring rain, Sarah wandered aimlessly through the dim streets of Brooklyn. The effects of the ATB were already wearing off, as the detached contentment was swept forcefully aside by bitter depression and nausea. She was cold and wet, and not even Jimmy’s coat could keep her warm anymore.

Her distraught mind tried to pinpoint the moment where it had all gone wrong. But Sarah was beginning to wonder if that moment existed. She couldn’t help but think she was meant to die with him, and now he was gone she was just a hollow shell of her true self. Perhaps there was no way to end the grief and suffering when the one person who could console her was completely beyond reach.

As Sarah stepped out from between the tall buildings, the ruin of the bridge came into view. The impressive silhouette against the evening sky outlined the two ends on the banks which remained, and something about the eerie sight drew Sarah towards it. So she began to jog, then run, then sprint as fast as she could, hoping and willing that the answer to her misery lay at the end of the broken bridge.

Five minutes later, this is where Sarah stood, an invisible ghost at the edge of the abyss. Having easily slipped past the police barrier, she had made her way slowly to the very brink and now stared down at the dark water which lay beneath. Just one more step and it would be over. She could end this torture right here and now. No more pain, no more heartache, simply rushing air, cold water then whatever came after.

Taking a deep breath, she closed her eyes and made to take her final step. But...

‘Sarah, don’t do it...’

The male voice was familiar and soothing, and it pained Sarah to know that she had not recognised it right away. Her memory of him was already fading. But that didn’t matter. Reluctantly she turned, wishing with all her might that she would see what she so desperately wanted to.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 8:33

A great chapter alright
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 20:40

Thanks. alright
    A Returning Charlotte
    A Returning Charlotte
    Brilliant

Post by A Returning Charlotte Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 21:55

Please don't sulk Danny. You're a great writer.
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 22:22

Thanks.

When was I sulking? Have you read Chapter One then? What did you think?
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 22:29

Saaaafe.

Right, cheers. Ok, I'm oof now. Bye. alright
    A Returning Charlotte
    A Returning Charlotte
    Brilliant

Post by A Returning Charlotte Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 22:30

I've read the prologue. I don't really have time to read the next bit. But then I have nothing to do now as the RPers are offline and I can't go anywhere else on this site in case of spoilers as I haven't seen the episodes yet so I should start reading. I have a lot to read.
    A Returning Charlotte
    A Returning Charlotte
    Brilliant

Post by A Returning Charlotte Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 22:33

"Saaafe"? What?
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 23:59

That was meant for another thread sorry, anyway, thanks. alright
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 0:05

AHH God, i havnt read that part yet, *burys head in book*

study
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 16:40

Have you read it now?
    blazingphoenix
    blazingphoenix
    The Phoenix of Aura
    The Phoenix of Aura

Post by blazingphoenix Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 19:26

Very good. It was fantastically fantastic Very Happy
    Mr_Isaac
    Mr_Isaac

Post by Mr_Isaac Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 14:42

Thank you very much Smile
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Superheroesfanatic-IR
    Head Admin
    Head Admin

Post by Superheroesfanatic-IR Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 16:39

yh its very good Very Happy
    Rokstarr
    Rokstarr
    The Real Adam Young
    The Real Adam Young

Post by Rokstarr Sun 27 Sep 2009 - 19:19

You need to get this published Arc Two of Extinction (Chapter Twenty-Five: Save Yourself (PART I of the Finale)) - Page 2 570815

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024 - 20:12