Heroes Chat

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about Heroes NBC

2 posters

World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

World 9 - Mythical Crossover - Page 9 Empty Re: World 9 - Mythical Crossover

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 14:16

Wayward Daughter wrote:As Billie realised this, she snapped back into reality instantly. Her eyes cleared, and she looked around the circle. Summer was re-emerging too. She gazed around, wondering if anyone else had seen what she'd seen, or if it'd only been her. She wasn't sure if she wanted to share it or not. She was still overwhelmed.
    Owen's breathing became a little ragged as he struggled to catch his breathe, it felt strange like he had just been sprinting but he knew he hadn't moved. He glazed to his brother who looked concerned but he too was panting slightly.

What was that? wondered Blake. He didn't direct the question to anyone but Owen knew the answer.

I think that.. that was mom, he replied, watching Blake closely. They never really talked about mom - their real mom, both loved Anna but she was not their mother. Despite his remarriage, their father had never brought himself to remove all of the photos of their mom.

Blake nodded immediately, glad he hadn't been the only one to make that assumption. She was pregnant, he commented, Zep picking up on his intonation - the curiosity and perhaps even some resentment. Did anyone else see their parents?

Owen knew what he was asking and answered the actual question, not the one he had spoken. I think.. he faltered at saying it. Yes, it seemed logical but saying it aloud was basically confirming it and what if it was a lie? What if he was wrong or..? I think Summer's our sister.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Location : In the Livery Inn, at the heart of the Westside Alliance

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 20:14

Billie shook her head at Blake's question, still numb. What she'd seen had been obviously generations before then. She didn't understand why she had seen it.

No, I didn't see anything.... I don't think anyone but Summer and you did....

I saw... something....
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 22:01

What did you see? asked Teagan, immediately feeling like she had missed out on something
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 22:17

It was weird, she commented. It looked like last century or something. This witch cast a spell to block her descendants' magic.

Didn't you need to do some initiation spell? Alysson remembered. Billie nodded. You're probably the only one of us related to the witch you saw. That's why you needed that spell.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 22:55

Initiation spell? questioned Teagan, not following it too closely.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:25

She nodded again.

I think I've mentioned it before. After that guy told me where my family's Book of Shadows was, I found a spell in it. An initiation ritual. My powers kinda woke up after I performed it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:28

Wayward Daughter wrote:Who's Arienne? her sister in law asked, confused, as Namarien reached for the letter. I've never heard the name before.

It was the alias I claimed when we were in hiding, she answered, distracted. That city had written to her. They were asking for her to return. Claiming that they needed her. For a second, a chill ran down her back, as she considered the thought that her old enemy could have somehow returned. The first fight had nearly ended her. But no, that was impossible... when she'd reached the Place of Echoes, she had been told that she'd gained her victory.
    What are you going to do? Hope questioned, her voice quiet and soft.

What else can I do? I have to answer it. Return there.

Her sister in law shook her head. She didn't understand it. Why was Nam so willing? She hadn't even thought of refusing, it appeared. And they'd only just won back the opportunity of peace. Didn't she want the time, the chance, to enjoy that?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 29 Aug 2013 - 23:30

Summer had stayed silent throughout everyone else's conversations. She'd heard Owen's whispered comment. She didn't react though. The rest of it was still overwhelming her too much; the idea of 2 younger brothers - or were they half-brothers? - didn't really register. She was just shaken. Adopted? She really was adopted?! The very idea seemed surreal, like something she'd read in a book or seen in a movie. Not real life. But that vision had seemed so vivid, and a part of her already felt like she couldn't doubt it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 19:59

Wayward Daughter wrote:
    Wayward Daughter wrote:Who's Arienne? her sister in law asked, confused, as Namarien reached for the letter. I've never heard the name before.

It was the alias I claimed when we were in hiding, she answered, distracted. That city had written to her. They were asking for her to return. Claiming that they needed her. For a second, a chill ran down her back, as she considered the thought that her old enemy could have somehow returned. The first fight had nearly ended her. But no, that was impossible... when she'd reached the Place of Echoes, she had been told that she'd gained her victory.
    What are you going to do? Hope questioned, her voice quiet and soft.

What else can I do? I have to answer it. Return there.

Her sister in law shook her head. She didn't understand it. Why was Nam so willing? She hadn't even thought of refusing, it appeared. And they'd only just won back the opportunity of peace. Didn't she want the time, the chance, to enjoy that?
    Hope didn't ask these questions though. She left them silent in her mind. Before the day was over, Nam had packed all of her possessions she could carry, and had left the city of Oherin, travelling away once more. The only person who'd offered a word of protest was Circh. And that desisted once she agreed to take him with her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Mon 16 Sep 2013 - 20:09

Firen had been staying with Asaph's relatives,his oldest sister Eliora and her family, for several months by now. Almost she was forgetting her old life, all that she had left behind. That was by deliberate effort. After all, what was the point of trying to cling to it through memories? She couldn't return. She couldn't reverse the choice she'd made.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 17 Sep 2013 - 22:20

And she was happy here, with her new life. That was what she told herself. Or... well, almost happy, anyway. Since their first meeting, Asaph was now keeping some strange distance between them. He'd visit, readily, but it was always as if he wasn't there, at the same time. She couldn't put a finger on why that disturbed her.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sat 28 Sep 2013 - 23:16

She'd pushed those questions away deliberately, burying them in the back of her mind, and stopped herself from voicing them aloud. She told herself it didn't matter. One day though, he visited when Eliora was out. Then, it was a matter of minutes before her control shattered and she found herself asking.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 16:50

Why have you been avoiding me? she demanded. Once the words were out, she winced, but he didn't notice that as he was already shaking his head.

I'm not....

No, not literally.... but you know what I mean. Even when you're here, it's like you're not. Or like you'd rather not be. Why? Am I that horrendous company? Why did you even bother trying to help me then?

That's not.... he fell silent, not even sure what he was trying to say.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 29 Sep 2013 - 17:01

I'm sorry, she muttered, looking downwards. I'm not usually like that. I don't even know why.... I guess it's just been a hard year.

He nodded, looking slightly relieved. She was caught in her thoughts though. It had been a hard year. Firstly losing her father, then gaining her new family, then the attack and having to flee. Being separated. Deciding that the only true way she could hide was if she gave up her witchhood, with all that meant. It was no real surprise if all that made her much more clingy than natural. But still....
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:52

She shook her head, and apologised once more. She couldn't explain herself. Now she wasn't sure where she'd gotten the idea from in the first place. She looked upwards, meeting his brown eyes for a second. Then she made up an excuse to leave the room, too embarrassed by her earlier behaviour.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 1 Oct 2013 - 22:08

She soon found herself pacing around the neighbourhood. A few people waved or nodded a greeting, but the speed of her walk made it clear that she didn't really want them to join her. She was still lost in her thoughts. Still trying to work out what she'd even been thinking when she'd confronted Asaph earlier. What had she been expecting? Was she just clinging to him as the one person she knew marginally better in this place?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 22:54

Suddenly, the answer to that made her stumble. She jerked her head up, looking around, but no one was around now to have noticed. Then she began walking again, shaking her head.

Just clinging.... what a joke. Now that she'd realised, she was almost amazed how long it'd taken her to work it out. She wasn't just clinging to Asaph's familiarity. Or if she was, that was just part of the attraction. The whole distance she'd felt was the fact that he was trying to be a friend, an acquaintance.
    Mrs P Sylar
    Mrs P Sylar
    Man of Iron
    Man of Iron

Post by Mrs P Sylar Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 18:11

Wayward Daughter wrote:She nodded again.

I think I've mentioned it before. After that guy told me where my family's Book of Shadows was, I found a spell in it. An initiation ritual. My powers kinda woke up after I performed it.
    Well that's that's mystery sorted then, nodded Zep, thinking momentarily. Neither Owen nor Blake were looking at anything but inanimate objects, both refused eye contact with anyone, either too deep in thought or too deeply confused
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 20:13

Why did the spell show me it, though? Billie questioned. It was Summer's spell. I mean, I get why Blake and Owen would see things, it was their answer as well as Summer's..... but every one of our families must have some secret, if you go back enough...

My magic only woke up after you did your initiation thing, Summer recalled suddenly. And I remember one of the things I was wondering about when I cast the spell was why it'd been so delayed...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:33

That probably means that you're related, Alysson interjected. Distant cousins or something. And that the rest of us aren't.

She smiled slightly at that, though secretly she found it weird. As small children, it'd been her and Billie who'd pretended to be cousins or long lost sisters. That was what you'd expect with childhood best friends.

Hang on, though, she continued. Didn't you say before that you're family are like anti-witches? That doesn't sound like a family who've had magic for centuries. And now with Blake and Owen too.... Summer, were you adopted?
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Sun 13 Oct 2013 - 22:37

Wayward Daughter wrote:Suddenly, the answer to that made her stumble. She jerked her head up, looking around, but no one was around now to have noticed. Then she began walking again, shaking her head.

Just clinging.... what a joke. Now that she'd realised, she was almost amazed how long it'd taken her to work it out. She wasn't just clinging to Asaph's familiarity. Or if she was, that was just part of the attraction. The whole distance she'd felt was the fact that he was trying to be a friend, an acquaintance.
    She spent most of the rest of the day trying to decide what to do with this new revelation. She wasn't sure if she wanted to tell Asaph or to pretend nothing had changed. When she saw him the next day, just outside his workplace, she decided that she had to at least test the waters.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 15 Oct 2013 - 19:58

She smiled as she greeted him. A dumb stray thought made her wonder if he could tell her intentions from her face, but she pushed it away.

Why did you offer me a place here, Asaph? she asked instead. He shrugged.

I'm sure that I've explained before.... it just felt right...

Nothing more?

She tried to keep her voice and expression nonchalant, but wasn't sure if she succeeded.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 15 Oct 2013 - 21:32

He hesitated in answering. His face showed conflict. Finally he shook his head though.

There can't be any other reason, he replied.

Why not?

The question slipped from her lips before she could stop it.
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 15 Oct 2013 - 22:09

Again, she noticed his hesitation, his reluctance to answer. This time it was more. As if it wasn't just his to give, a giant secret he couldn't betray.

I can't tell you, he argued. Or I shouldn't... it's meant to be a secret, hidden....

She stayed quiet, and didn't press the issue. The conflict it was causing him was already clear enough, it didn't need anything extra.

Firen.... there are things about me, about my family and my people, that you don't know. Things which bind me. If I could choose you... but doing so would be betraying what we are, how we live...
    Wayward Daughter
    Wayward Daughter
    Queen Of Angst
    Queen Of Angst

Post by Wayward Daughter Tue 15 Oct 2013 - 22:24

She continued in her silence, just listening, amazed. The words he described seemed almost impossible. Even to her. Even with her own family, her own past.

She listened, as he falteringly explained the truth. They were Nephilim, not humans as she'd assumed. Descendants of angels, descendants of beings she hadn't really considered as existing. It was incredible. With a slight smile on his face, as if anticipating doubt from her, he displayed the powers which were proof of what he was saying without any need for her to ask. He froze time for her, keeping a grasp on her arm to show her its strange stillness. He gave her mild good luck and she watched the beam of golden light fading into her skin. She had nothing to show in return.

That thought startled her. Yes, she had nothing. Not any more. But now, she wondered if she should make her own confession. She may be human now, for all intents and purposes, but she hadn't always been, and her heritage wasn't. She didn't know if she should match his confession or not. She didn't know if it was worth it. If she could bear.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 12 May 2024 - 14:05